write it
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by codenameduby
its very simple. if you wrote it, auto copyright laws protect it.

So theres no need for an actual copyright? How would I prove I wrote it then? Can someone elaborate a little on this?
Really unless your sorta big you don't need to worry about copyrighting things.

But you could prove it I guess with like, rough drafts, anything you used to write the lyrics/music down on, things like that.
send it to yourself in the mail, so it has the date stamped on it
write generic metal riffs that are the same as every other metalcore band that way you wont need to because you will be ****
Quote by porker

This
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by tuwyci
write generic metal riffs that are the same as every other metalcore band that way you wont need to because you will be ****

Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by porker

That actually only holds up in court in the U.K.
It's not really registration of copyright in the States or Canada, If you really want to copyright your work, then you should register with the U.S library of Congress, it's a simple form to to fill out.
although I wouldn't be too worried about someone stealing your songs
no dice.
Quote by TheBassist101
That actually only holds up in court in the U.K.
It's not really registration of copyright in the States or Canada, If you really want to copyright your work, then you should register with the U.S library of Congress, it's a simple form to to fill out.
although I wouldn't be too worried about someone stealing your songs

Not in the US? Actually that using that method has validation here in Mexico. Interesting...
Quote by tuwyci

Great, yeah just great. You're post is about as original as what you're stating metalcore is.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by watchingmefall
Not in the US? Actually that using that method has validation here in Mexico. Interesting...

I'm not sure about Mexico.. I just know that the "Poor man's copyright" has too many pitfalls and it can be challenged in alot of ways
no dice.