I have my new Ibanez RG sitting here and I have been told to change out the strings because the stock strings suck. Also I have been told to change the pickups out as well.

So anyway these 2 were recommended:
-Ernie ball super slinkys
-Emg humbuckers

I wud usually trust my friend to tell me good worthwhile accessories but since its my NEW guitar were talking about here I figure why not ask UG what they think of these

conclusion: they good at all?
In Thirteen Seconds
It's been thirteen seconds
since you all last said
i've become the apparition
You predicted for my death

Myspace
i wouldn't use emg's with a vavlestate head, bad things might happen in the tonal world. What type of music do you play, tunings. And why do you want to change the pups?
I'd at least use the strings for a few weeks to wear them out, and then get whatever type you want. I'm not a fan of Slinkys, I use to use them for a while they were far from great.
Also give you stock hums some time to see how you like them. The general consensus is that stock Ibanez pickups aren't very good, but that doesn't mean you go storming for the clitoris right away, give it some lovin and see how they react. That said I don't really like EMG's either, but you might, it's all preference.
elixer or diadario(spelling?...) for the strings, seymour duncans or dimarzios for the Pups..
I play whatever really. mostly punk and rock

Edit: I heard that Ibanez pups sucked hard thats why i wanna change
In Thirteen Seconds
It's been thirteen seconds
since you all last said
i've become the apparition
You predicted for my death

Myspace
Last edited by Aaron the 4th at Jul 23, 2008,
Quote by Aaron the 4th
Edit: I heard that Ibanez pups sucked hard thats why i wanna change
some do, some don't.

Ibanez changes pickup vendors more often than a teenage boy changes his underwear.
... oops. lousy example. They change their pickup vendors OFTEN, k? so your pickups might be crap or they might be quite good.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.