So dad comes home,

"Son, here's a Tivo. It records the teley."

"Righto dad..."

And that's as much as I know.

So PitMonkeys, help?

Is it worth me learning how to use it?

And the only reason neither me nor my dad knows how to use is that Tivo hasn't been released in Aus, per se... So the sales-person-dude-thing-bloke-guy doesn't know how to use it, either.

All I know is apparently Amercians love it.

So, is it actually any good at all?

Cheers, PitMonkeys.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

tivo is greattttttt
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
tivo ****in rules

you can record a show or movie thats on when you cant watch it, and watch the recording anytime you want...
you can pause and rewind live tv, so you can go back if you miss somthing or you have to take a piss. you can have it record shows for you. you can type in a show, actor, or genre, and it'll record all of those shows, all shows with that actor, and any show it thinks you might like. basically you can watch whatever you want whenever you want.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
you can pause and rewind live tv, so you can go back if you miss somthing or you have to take a piss. you can have it record shows for you. you can type in a show, actor, or genre, and it'll record all of those shows, all shows with that actor, and any show it thinks you might like. basically you can watch whatever you want whenever you want.

Unless it is in the future. But even still, during live tv, you can pause it when it comes to a commercial, wait a few minutes and then fast forward through them all.
I don't have Tivo, I have something else, but it is definitely worth it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Marrklarr
i want to meet your dad.

Haha. Sure thing man.

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by rage6945

Swingin',

now I have to learn how to use it...

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8

You can choose to record shows onto it and watch at different times. A movie is playing on TV at a time when you can't watch it. Record it onto TiVo, watch it when you can.

Also, it records what you are watching so you can pause, rewind, etc. You need to go to the bathroom but you fear the commercials will end before you get back, hit pause and then you can fastforward through commercials until you get to the point where the show is playing.
Quote by Marrklarr
i want to meet your dad.

Most random most I've seen in a while.
yeah its sick. i live in canada so my pops has to hack some **** to get the listings so itll record the right **** but i dont mind cause i get to record good shows.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Tivo's great, but you've only JUST heard about it?

It's been around for almost a decade.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
No you shouldn't learn to use it because it will take 5 seconds of your life and is extremely complex.

You could have learned how to use it in the time it took to post this. Of course you should learn how, it's awesome.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, it doesn't work where you live. Use google, you can probably hack something to make it work.
Quote by fallenangel20
Tivo's great, but you've only JUST heard about it?

It's been around for almost a decade.

That's what you get for living in Australia. It's not completely backwater, but there's some stuff that we just don't have yet. I have heard of it, a couple of years back, but it's only just arrived and hasn't technically been released yet.

Since I posted this thread, I think I've learnt some stuff. I dunno what though.

Ooh! I found the games.

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8