well, me and my pop-punk band are having a little trouble with lyrics. could you guys help us out? All time low is our biggest influence. we also are influenced by green day, sum 41, plus 44, blink 182, and trapt. we could also use some help writing riffs too, were wondering how you guys do that
Quote by shadesofanger
Wait...Fat is a trend? I am soooooo getting into this trend now.

BLINK 182=EPIC WIN

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
just go ramones, all chords no leads no bull
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
Quote by almostinnocent
well, me and my pop-punk band are having a little trouble with lyrics. could you guys help us out? All time low is our biggest influence. we also are influenced by green day, sum 41, plus 44, blink 182, and trapt. we could also use some help writing riffs too, were wondering how you guys do that

Not sure if this helps. My band has alot of the same influences as your band as well as some other harder bands but it should be the same.

Some of our best stuff is really simple. We take a simple chord progression(just take any 4 chords that sound cool together, it shouldn't take a while), palm mute it about 4 times, call it a verse, unpalm mute 4 times, call it a chorus, repeat. Maybe add an instrumental interlude or something.

Depending on your skill level you could toss in some other stuff. Add a pre-chorus/second verse section or something. If it seems easy, alternate between palm mutes and regular power chords at random in the verse.

Also, to create a cool little intro type thing, take the root notes of your 4 chords. Play it a couple of times then figure something out that sounds cool after that(anything really) and call that the intro ending. Then play the second chord's root notes. Play the intro ending. The third chord's root notes, intro ending, etc. Tis basically how Blink wrote Dammit.
thanks for the help!!
Quote by shadesofanger
Wait...Fat is a trend? I am soooooo getting into this trend now.

BLINK 182=EPIC WIN

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
man, my bassist is awsome writting lyrics and i just do not know the secret, im more onto writtting the riffs. Well, for pop punk help your self with a progresive map and thats it.
What I normally do for writing lyrics, as All Time Low is a big influence for me also, I look at the way Gaskarth writes certain lines and verses, as he does some amazing things sometimes, like the second verse to Running from Lions
Then I ask myself how I could take what I'm writing my song about and see if I can do whatever he did with that verse.

But I use a weird songwriting technique so it might not work for you. Most of my songs are written whenever I have a song stuck in my head...
Start carring around a little book and when somthing amazing pops in your head write it down. Then when you get to that time when you usaully write take it out and build on them.

I find that they are alot about what you did that day and it makes your songs like what you usualy do and what your about.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself