I have a few questions:

1) Does this weigh heavier than a strat?

2) Is the neck thinner than a strat?

3) Can it handle down tuning to B? (and would it sound muddy with the stock pickups?)
1) this is lighter than a strat... it is VERY light.

2) ummm if you go to the respective company websites they usually have the radius of the necks, if i remember correctly when i played it at a local store it was pretty thin and probably thinner than a strat, although the width is larger i would believe.

3) yes it would be able to handle B if you got it set up for that... as for the pickups im not sure because i didn't get a good enough test with them.
the guitar is about the same as a strat. The neck is thinner then a strat. Are you planing on using multiple tunings?
Quote by Ghold125
the guitar is about the same as a strat. The neck is thinner then a strat. Are you planing on using multiple tunings?

Initially I'll use it in standard to get a feel for it, but I plan on doing a project that will involve B tuning, so it will probably be left in B for months.
The guitar is very thin and light. I played it at guitar center and it felt like a toy, and I'm not a big guy. The stock pickups weren't terrible, but weren't the best either. I wouldn't know how it would handle B tuning, but it should be able to handle it.
Why not the S7320? It doesn't take long to get used to a 7 string, plus you can play in B and E easily.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Why not the S7320? It doesn't take long to get used to a 7 string, plus you can play in B and E easily.

You have a point that it would save me resetting up the guitar to B and E. Though the S520's thin neck with inlay looks much better. I'll have to think about it.
yeah i agree that the 6 string looks nicer... in my opinion as long as you set up your guitar for drop b by a guitar tech then you wont have to worry, lots of pro bands use ibanez guitars for a wide array of drop tunings so i wouldn't imagine one of their guitars not being able to handle drop b.... especially the S series... if you're concerned just ask the guitar tech at a dealer in your area and im sure they'd say 'yeah that would work fine'
Go for the S seven string, unless its a big price difference, the looks should be the different in your choice.
It would save trouble with tuning hassle.

But the 6 is by no means a bad choice, if you get it set up right.
Guitars:
Jackson JS300 Kelly
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG 7321
Ibanez Nylon acoustic

Amps:
Crate 15 watt(Broke)
Dean 10 watt amp
Peavey Valveking 112
Peavey XXX(Lookin for a cab...)

Pedals:
G2 Zoom Multi-FX(Tuner)
Well, it's 100 dollars more, but to me it's worth it. It will save you ALOT of hassle imo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Well, it's 100 dollars more, but to me it's worth it. It will save you ALOT of hassle imo.

It's $250 more over here. I reckon I'll still go with the six string S520EX. It looks much nicer, and saves me $250 for other gear.