I have 2 new improvisation mp3 on my profile

Can someone please err rate them and help me on improving my playing? What should I improve and etc?

Thanks in advance~

I really feel like there's something missing in my playing =/

btw on impro 2 i had to change pick twice, expect at least 2 pauses x.x
Last edited by kevC4 at Jul 23, 2008,
Improv 1: not bad at all. Something that I would say is missing is expression. For instance, your phrasing isn't very strong; this is a tough skill to develop, especially in improvisation...I'm sure if you look around the lessons section of UG you'll find something about that. Also, you could use some vibrato and just maybe slow down a little bit to play with more feeling. However, you're clearly skilled at guitar, so you could probably improve a lot in a short time.

Dont have time for #2 now, maybe later.
Quote by Seattle_sound35
Improv 1: not bad at all. Something that I would say is missing is expression. For instance, your phrasing isn't very strong; this is a tough skill to develop, especially in improvisation...I'm sure if you look around the lessons section of UG you'll find something about that. Also, you could use some vibrato and just maybe slow down a little bit to play with more feeling. However, you're clearly skilled at guitar, so you could probably improve a lot in a short time.

Dont have time for #2 now, maybe later.

I tried to play with feeling but yea I'm not really experienced enough for phrasing... But I kinda just don't know what to do. Sometimes I kinda get lost and just play the notes I feel like I should play. But yea I will look for that in here, thanks alot