Okay, within the next week im going to purchase a Valveking, the 112 version. I've heard everywhere a speaker change is necessary, my question is, WHY? Whats bad about it in exact detail. I dont wanna hear "because peavey stock speakers suck" or anything like that i really wanna know what the difference will be between it and a vintage 30?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

id like to know that too!! i have a vk 112 and it sounds fine!
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
uumm...

teh ampy is only 4 hundry

That's why. If you get it I would wait a bit on speaker and invest in an Overdrive Pedal first. Give your speaker a month or two to break in and then decide what you need next.

Or...buy something else.

What do you play and what guitar do you have?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 24, 2008,
I've plugged it into my Orange cabinet with Vintage 30's and the stock speaker sounded like plastic, not sure how to describe that, just sounded cheap and weak compared to the Celestions.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I gotcha tr3nt, thanks.

Its sorta like having 300 dollar epiphone les paul sure its fine and plays decently. But then you get a 3000 dollar gibson les paul. Same model guitar same design but totally different in every way. Yes a speaker is a speaker and yes it might sound good but an upgrade will sound 10 times better.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
uumm...

teh ampy is only 4 hundry

That's why. If you get it I would wait a bit on speaker and invest in an Overdrive Pedal first. Give your speaker a month or two to break in and then decide what you need next.

Or...by something else.

What do you play and what guitar do you have?

I would also probably wait for a little time to let the speaker break in and see how it suits you.

The first thing I would recommend getting (and this is for any amp really), is an EQ pedal. Placing the EQ in your effects loop will give you much more flexibility and control over your tone. If after letting the speaker break in, and after playing around with the EQ, you still feel you need to upgrade the speaker, then see if you can try it with different cabinets containing the speakers that you want to purchase.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I agree with both IP and Hakael...

the speaker is prolly a 8.5 - 9.0 point upgrade. Granted.

On a 112 tho - I gotta say an EQ or OD is great investment that will last a life time if you take care of it.

Speaker is next on my agenda too don't get me wrong. Tubes are last at this point. hehe
Yeah, well for all of you that said EQ pedal and Overdrive. I'm going to get either a Fish and chips, boss ge-7, or the mxr 10 band with my next paycheck. Then I'm going to get a bad monkey, and from there get more pedals. I wont be getting the speaker until my b-day (october) or for christmas. Thanks guys.