Ok I just got my Danelectro Fish n Chips eq pedal today. I'm using with it my microcube. Does anyone else use one of these or something similiar with their microcubes? I was just wondering what are some good settings to run? I have no idea what I'm dong with this thing. LOL.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
If you don't know how to use one and don't need it, why buy it? LOLOOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLCANO OF MADNEZZ
a good one to use is to scoop all the mid frequencies and half the bass. LOL
LOL. I wanted to make the cube sound a little better. It doesn't have eq settings on it.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Roland MicroCube
you could use it to add mids since the micro cube doesnt have a mid knob right ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
the microcube has no mids,treble, bass, or anything. Just a tone nob.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Roland MicroCube
set the tone knob to 12 o clock and then just play around with the sliders until you find a sound you like.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by cfhwarhead
If you don't know how to use one and don't need it, why buy it? LOLOOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLCANO OF MADNEZZ
a good one to use is to scoop all the mid frequencies and half the bass. LOL

There's been a lot of pedals that I've bought that I had to "figure" settings out with....

He bought it because he know's what it does, just unfamiliar with it. A good way to learn about gear is to experiment with it...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I would start by putting the tone knob on the Microcube at 12 o'clock. When you got the Fish n Chips (if it was new) it should have come with some kind of manual that has some example settings on it (maybe the backing cardboard from the blisterpack it came in). Try some of the examples, then adjust the sliders as you see fit to fine tune your tone.

The reason for having the tone knob on the Microcube at 12 o'clock to start is so you can also continue to use that to adjust the tone further after fiddling around with the Fish n Chips. If you have the tone knob turned to one extreme or another, then you'll only be able to adjust the knob in one direction after you've setup your EQ. Keeping it at 12 o'clock to begin with allows you to fine tune it in either direction.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Jul 24, 2008,
^Good tip

I'd also like to say that just for starters, It's helpful to put all the sliders at the bottom and push them up and down one at a time while a chord is being played just to get an audible idea of what range each slider will cut or boost..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
^Good tip

I'd also like to say that just for starters, It's helpful to put all the sliders at the bottom and push them up and down one at a time while a chord is being played just to get an audible idea of what range each slider will cut or boost..

Actually you'd probably want to start with the sliders in their "0" or middle position. That way you can see the effect when you either boost, or cut the frequency by sliding each one up or down. If you start with all the sliders at the very bottom, they you're starting with all the frequencies already cut.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
Actually you'd probably want to start with the sliders in their "0" or middle position. That way you can see the effect when you either boost, or cut the frequency by sliding each one up or down. If you start with all the sliders at the very bottom, they you're starting with all the frequencies already cut.

I meant to say "zeroed" my fault.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded