Okay I've been playing for about 1 year but 6 months really trying the first 6 were a wast of time and didn't learn anything.

I have lessons every saturday and we go over songs and techneces, and I do really well but when I get home and come on UG adn look for songs I'm just puzzeld sometimes the tabs absolutly suck or my fingers just don't move fast enough. Like some songs I can do the whole song and others I can only do the intro like smoke on the water I can only do the intro, but I can play Raining blood until the solo no problem. I just don't get it. and I know there are good days and bad days. but I just feel like I'm not improving any more, Should I learn theory

Here is the list of songs I can play, (I keep track so I can try them at GC if I'm getting something)

Bloodline-slayer-Intro
Brain stew- greenday-all
Californication- RHCP- intro
Cemetery Gates-PanterA-intro until the solo
Crazy train- Ozzy- Intro
enter sandman- Metallica- intro
Fade to Black- Metallica- till the end of the intro solo
God of thunder- Kiss- Intro
Holy DIver- Dio- Intro
Hypnotize-SOAD- Intro
Ironman- Black Sabbath- all
Mother- Danzig- Intro
National anthem- jimi Hendrix
One- Metallica- up to the solo minus the riff
Paranoid- Black Sabbath- All
Raining Blood- Slayer- all
Smells like teen spirit- Nirvana- all
Smoke on the water- DP- Intro
Seven nation army- White stripes- intro
Walk- Pantera- Intro

Any songs, Excersises to help gain more knowledge, any good books that Teach theory for when I have football I Can't go to lessons to much time into Highschool.

Thank you for your help
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Anybody?
Quote by ShredGod George

Tabs arent gospel compare different versions. I see stuff on here all the time thats way off in how the tabs are done. And also there many times are several ways to play the same song. At basically six months you might want to stay away form trying to learn lead. Stick with rhythm and work on your scales. If you want easy stuff to learn AC/DC at least their early stuff is really easy alot of black sabbath is pretty easy to. And its just a fact some things are easier to learn than others. If you cant get it today dont kill yourself trying come back to it another day. I just go with what dimebag said learn a new riff each day thats 365 in a year. And we all have off days.
Come on Guys I know you have suggestions!!!
Quote by ShredGod George

Well I guess it's the old cliched, ''Practice makes Perfect''. Really test yourself and try and learn some of the solos in the songs you know. If you can't play it fast enough learn each little phrase slowly and build up the speed.