Do you think guitar center (specifically the on in Syracuse, New York) would have DiMarzio Pickups in Stock? Because im going there in a few weeks and i thought i might as well pick up the pickups while im there. I'd also like to use this thread to get some very last minute oppinions on my Choices, because a "last Minute" thread is how i ended up with my RG, and im quite happy by that decission.

So for Tones, im thinking...

Rythm Sounds ranging from:

DragonForce - TTFAF, Revolution Deathsquad
Helloween - If I Could Fly
Gary Moore - Devil in her Heart
Heart of a Lion - Racer X
Blind Guardian - Valhalla

And Lead sounds like:
The DragonForce Stuff
Steve Vai - FTLOG, Butlers Bag
Paul Gilbert - Technical Difficulties, Curse of Castle Dragon
Sonata Arctica - Dont Say a Word
Rhapsody - Emerald Sword

Just as some examples I was thinking PAF Pro or Tone Zone bridge, and an Evo Neck. i've been told that Evo's dont fit in RG1570's without routing though, which worries me.
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Jul 24, 2008,
An evolution in the neck would be sweet. It sounds phenomenal. Guitar Center should have those dimarzios in stock. Most do.
bridge - super distortion

neck - paf pro
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
mine in Grand Rapids does, i use the dimarzio super 2s, and man there is no muddy sound, i play 2 steps down and with a wound 3rd and still the sound is cut thick.
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Im not sure the Super 2 will do me well, i have no doubt its a great pickup though. i Just find the V8 pickup to be-as some describe the evo- Ice Picky, and really thin and treble up top. There doesnt seem to be a lot of bass in the Super 2. i might be wrong though.

If it makes any difference, in the bridge pickup specifically i want better bass response, and no thinning out when you get to higher strings, still able to cut though, and a lot of deffinition of notes. Not muddy

Im glad to hear GC usually have them in though!
why wouldnt you just call them and ask?
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
^ Forgot to mention, i have a B-52 AT-112 and Ceriatone 36 Watt head now, i just took them out of my sig and im to lazy to update profile

EDIT: to the guy right above me, i dont know when im going exactly (its some time in august) so i dont think calling them right now would be extremely helpfull for what may be there in august. I dont know how busy GC is though, this will be my first time there, so i dont know if stock changes all that much.
Quote by jake911
Get a pair of Breeds.

Thanks for the suggestion, but i dunno...ive just never been a fan of the breeds. They just dont sound right to me. Much appreciated, though!

And i guess i can try giving them a call tommorow, or at least closer to when we are actually going (ill have to ask my mom when that is :P: )
Quote by JLT73
bridge - super distortion

neck - paf pro

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
+1.

Do you think the PAF Pro could really capture the smooth kind of tone of the intro to For the Love of God (i know he didnt use Evos on the CD, but live with them it sounds pretty much the same) And stuff like DragonForce solos?

I probobly will get that set up if it will be able to do it
If they also have a guitar with the pickups in it will they let you play it just to test the pickups?
Quote by Tubyboulin
Thanks for the suggestion, but i dunno...ive just never been a fan of the breeds. They just dont sound right to me. Much appreciated, though!

And i guess i can try giving them a call tommorow, or at least closer to when we are actually going (ill have to ask my mom when that is :P: )

Damn, Breeds sound amazing in Basswood RG's. Thats what im eventually gonna get in mine.
Quote by jake911
Maybe try a norton.

+1

Norton bridge, Breed neck is sounding good here - If you want better bass response Evos are the last thing you want to be looking at.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Tubyboulin
Do you think the PAF Pro could really capture the smooth kind of tone of the intro to For the Love of God (i know he didnt use Evos on the CD, but live with them it sounds pretty much the same) And stuff like DragonForce solos?

I probobly will get that set up if it will be able to do it

the PAF PRO will get that nice smooth sound
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
i'm hoping to go for a tone zone bridge and a norton neck.. mainly because thats whats available in 7 string config

as for whether or not GC stocks em.. call em.. even if they don't they can probably order them.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i'm hoping to go for a tone zone bridge and a norton neck.. mainly because thats whats available in 7 string config

as for whether or not GC stocks em.. call em.. even if they don't they can probably order them.

heard lotsa bad things about tone zone.
you should check out dimarzio.com because those are not the only 7 string pups.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by steven seagull
+1

Norton bridge, Breed neck is sounding good here - If you want better bass response Evos are the last thing you want to be looking at.

are you sure air norton bridge can handle all the aggressive stuff the ts listed?
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Norton, not Air Norton....different pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Norton, not Air Norton....different pickups.

sorry. my wrong.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Do you think guitar center (specifically the on in Syracuse, New York) would have DiMarzio Pickups in Stock? Because im going there in a few weeks and i thought i might as well pick up the pickups while im there.

Open phonebook, pick up phone, call Guitar Center.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Yeah why are you asking UG about what specific guitar centers carry.. are you Socially phobic or something? lol

On a side note, I was looking for some specific Duncans at guitar center and when they said they didn't have them, I just kinda 'd
Quote by injected
Yeah why are you asking UG about what specific guitar centers carry.. are you Socially phobic or something? lol

A bit I will call them though, just gotta ask my Dad about the long distance thing.

Ill check out the Norton bridge and look into the PAF Pro some more, they never even crossed my mind so thanks for the suggestions

EDIT: Just checked DiMarzio's site, the breed sounds different then i remember it. Maby i was wrong? But there are no Norton clips so i will have to look elsewhere It seems Andy Timmons, who's got awesome tone, Uses both PAF Pro pickups and breeds?
Quote by yoyodunno
All the GC's i've been to had at least a couple Dimarzio pu models.

Thanks, thats good to know. Even if they dont, judging by the amount of cool stuff i see in the pictures on the site, it wont be a wasted trip

On the DiMarzio site under artists, paul gilbert, is it the PAF Pro hes using for the B.R.O Song? Thats a really good tone imo.
Has anyone noticed he has a MG!!!!!!
get a new amp before you get new pickups!
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Tubyboulin
A bit I will call them though, just gotta ask my Dad about the long distance thing.

Ill check out the Norton bridge and look into the PAF Pro some more, they never even crossed my mind so thanks for the suggestions

EDIT: Just checked DiMarzio's site, the breed sounds different then i remember it. Maby i was wrong? But there are no Norton clips so i will have to look elsewhere It seems Andy Timmons, who's got awesome tone, Uses both PAF Pro pickups and breeds?

Don't worry about it- the clips on Dimarzio's site are beyond useless, you're better off ignoring them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Don't worry about it- the clips on Dimarzio's site are beyond useless, you're better off ignoring them.

I've been scouring Youtube, ive found a bunch for breeds and i''ll look for the Nortons next. Thanks steven.