Page 1 of 4
Who do you think are the most intellegent musicians are?

Personally I think
Bjork
Matt Bellamy
Pete Townsend
Frank Zappa
Musically speaking, Buckethead.

I don't have much to base an opinion off of for his IQ, although i enjoy his humour.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Well I think Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and Jerry Garcia were pretty WISE, and i think wisdom is pretty intelligent.
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Quote by mart_guitar
Gene Simmons... a good business man

who sucks the life and money out of everyone
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
John Lennon always came across as a real wanker....however I love the Beatles. I feel that Matthew Good and (Weezer frontman) Rivers Cuomo have proven their intelligence many times over (musically and academically).
I think Frank Zappa is kind of an idiot who was good at making himself look smart.

In terms of music, it's definitely Mozart. Mozart had a special composing ability that virtually no composers, not even Beethoven, have had in music history. He could compose music for something like a Requiem or a Mass (made up of the strings, brass, woodwinds, SATB choir (basically 4 choirs), soloists, etc.) all in his head simultaneously to the smallest detail. Which explains the incredible amount of work he did in his short life. He could compose many multiple musical "layers" in his head at the same time. Think of a fugue for example.
brain may has a phd in astrophysics
i vote him
paul stanley and gene simmons have college degrees in teaching
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Jimmy Page.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden has a college degree in History, and is an airplanes pilot and has his own TV show about airplanes.
Brian May from Queen has a degree in Astrophysics if I'm not mistaken.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I think Mozart's Requiem is a great example of how he could compose several layers of music in his head simultaneously. You can sort of see the different layers of the second movement come in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IyAbtjSKhJc&feature=related

Youtube does lower the quality when files are uploaded, so it's more difficult to hear all the layers.
Obviously not you, since you can't spell intelligent correctly
I have all I want and I'm not okay, I'm funny that way...
- Rob Heinrich
Quote by InvaderTSN
Fixed.

He can shred and rap at the same time.

Tom Morello, Brian May and Sting.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Warrel Dane of Nevermore
Dave Mustaine of Megadeth
Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth
Paul Gilbert of Mr. Big
Matt Heafy of Trivium (surprisingly he's a very well spoken person)
Lars Ulrich of Metallica.
I'm gonna have to agree with the Madcap. Mozart was a genius. For music, though.

As for most intelligent, I may have to agree with Brian May. But there's also Dave Mustaine for general smartness, just watch Jeapordy. Then again, Nergal from Behemoth is a licensed museum curator, I think. Or he can be.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by bi-ah!

paul stanley and gene simmons have college degrees in teaching

you trying to suggest they are at the bottom end of the musician intelligence pool?

There's a lot of different types of intelligent though.

I like Dee Snyder because he's so articulate, maybe that translates into IQ or maybe it doesn't.
Jim Morrison was tested with an IQ of 149 (some ten or twenty points about the genius mark). I believe Ray Manzarek tested above the line as well.

Also:
Trent Reznor (straight A student without being an overachiever)
Marilyn Manson (read his autobiography)

EDIT: Greg Graffin from Bad Religion, for his Ph.D in evolutionary biology.
Last edited by Dionietzsche at Jul 24, 2008,
Marilyn Manson is pretty smart. I find Cobain smart in a different way. Like the whole life experience way is where I see Cobain as being smart.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by The Madcap
I think Frank Zappa is kind of an idiot who was good at making himself look smart.

In terms of music, it's definitely Mozart. Mozart had a special composing ability that virtually no composers, not even Beethoven, have had in music history. He could compose music for something like a Requiem or a Mass (made up of the strings, brass, woodwinds, SATB choir (basically 4 choirs), soloists, etc.) all in his head simultaneously to the smallest detail. Which explains the incredible amount of work he did in his short life. He could compose many multiple musical "layers" in his head at the same time. Think of a fugue for example.

That's probably why he was appointed as a consultant to the government of of Czechoslovakia, was a major player on Capitol Hill while leading the protest against censorship of music (including more than a handful of senate hearings), and wrote music spanning just about every genre possible - from rock, to jazz, to progressive, to funk, to dance, to orchestral symphonies.

FRANKly, I disagree with you.

As for my vote, it goes to Brian May.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
alice cooper seems to be quite intelligent, many interviews i've seen him in have proven to impress me
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Alice Cooper.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Page 1 of 4