Alright all you Graveyard BBQ fanboys/girls, such as myself. This is the one and ONLY Graveyard BBQ thread, where we dicuss how to best serve the BBQ nation. Ladies, Git yer cash, it's 5 cents to ride the 'stache!

www.Myspace.com/GraveyardBBQ

All hailz the BBQ Nation!

But seriously, these guys are one of the most original and innovative metal bands I've ever heard. They mix delta blues, southern rock, metal, and a small amount of country to a level of eargasm I've never had the pleasure of obtaining before. As a little backstory, their song "Cheat On The Church" was featured in the first Guitar Hero as they won the "Be A Guitar Hero Sweepstakes", beating out hundreds upon hundreds of other competitors in the Boston area. They've put out 2 albums so far, their debut album titled "Greatest Hits Vol. 1", their 2nd album titled "Greatest hits vol. 2". They've also replaced their singer and drummer once before the 2nd album, and their drummer again after their second album. They also recently added a rhythym guitarist. Their lead guitarist (Brownbag Johnson), and their Bassist (Bud Black) are the only original members left, but apparantly they sometimes ask their original singer to fill in on "Cheat On The Church" when they play in the Boston area.

Take a listen to them, and give your hailz to the BBQ Nation here.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Eh, kind of boring. If I wanna listen to Chet Atkins, Robert Johnson, or Pantera, I will separately. But the three mixed isn't all that great.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Wasn't there anything you were partial to?
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
The vocals were average, and the riffs (the metal ones, that is) were mostly Pantera rehashes. The blues and country stuff was sort of cool, but like I said, it just doesn't really fit together all that great. They make it work, but I dunno, I just wasn't feeling it.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Their sound is hit or miss with most people. Either you love them, or just like them somewhat. They're like the Ghostbusters movies, no one hates them, but not everyone loves them to death like some people. And I thought they had more of a Rob/White Zombie turned southern sound in their heavy riffage.
I thought I wasn't going to enjoy this band one bit, but I liked them.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
It could just be my fanboyism of them stemming from my even bigger fanboyism of the guitar hero series, but I just love them to death. I ordered both their albums a while ago, and their sound is vastly different between the 2. They actually sound a little bluegrassy on a handful of their songs on the 1st album, but got full on metal on their second album. I believe "Cheat On The Church" is the only song from their 1st album on their myspace page. It's also the only song that's never taken down off thier player, as it's the one that helped them gain fame, or at least some.
The BBQ Nation needs more citizens, come on guys, hop aboard the BBQ train!
I think it's quite good. The basic southern metal riffs, bluesy parts and tinge of country fit together well enough, as far as I'm concerned.

But I laughed out loud when I first started listening to their songs on myspace, dunno why.

I just couldn't take this seriously, but it's fairly fun.

Singer isn't good though, is he.
Quote by Helloween_rox
Their sound is hit or miss with most people. Either you love them, or just like them somewhat. They're like the Ghostbusters movies, no one hates them, but not everyone loves them to death like some people.

What are ya yammering on about, lad?
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
Singer isn't good though, is he.

Which singer? The one on Cheat on the Church? Or their new one? Their new one is incredible, IMO, and a ton better than their old singer.
Bleh

Graveyard Carnival > Graveyard BBQ
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Never heard of Graveyard Carnival. Linkage?
Just you wait... there's no reason for you to seek out for them, they will seek out for you and heaven knows, they shall drill into your brain and slowly you'll forget every other band in existance and that will force you to listen to just Graveyard Carnival... the hypnotic effect of their music shall make you forget who you are, where you live and what's your point in this life until you are nothing but a slave to the Master of the Universe

What?
Silence, puny mortal

Is that your defense for not knowing what in the f(_)ck you just said?
No, I am very aware of what I said

I also 100% understand.

I'm Graveyard Carnival's biggest fan. I was waiting for Kepulix to mention them as soon as I saw the thread title.
Quote by Helloween_rox
Which singer? The one on Cheat on the Church? Or their new one? Their new one is incredible, IMO, and a ton better than their old singer.
The one on myspace was pretty bad on the first song that played. He wasn't great on the rest either.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
It is totally understandable that mortals aren't able to comprehend the awesomeness of Graveyard Carnival as of yet, to their ears, GC's music doesn't even exist

Is that why no linky has been posted yet? Who is this mythical band you speak of anyway?
^You have yet to prove yourself worthy of being allowed to listen to Graveyard Carnival, the best band of all time.

About this band: They're not bad, but they sound like a gimmick more than anything. It sounds like they are doing it just to prove they can, and that their real, 'serious' band is a different band.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Last edited by dead-fish at Jul 25, 2008,
God damn, you people suck.

Bumped!

Discuss Graveyard BBQ now!