Are there any guitarists out there that Zone out alot during playing?

Have you ever got that Euphoric feeling and just started to play and
felt slightly out of control? You just feel like you are apart of the music
and it takes over..and u end up doing things that you felt are above
your playing level?

I've only had it once during a gig.

Does any get to experience this all the time? Without Drugs?
. o O ( Oh ..wait..this isnt the pit)

Disregard...lol
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
yep i did earlier, i just closed my eyes and started soloing, i surprised myself
I do, very rarely. but when it does happen, it's amazing. I accomplish things I never thoguht I could, I reach a lot of my guitar goals.
that only happened when i was fairly stoned or during mushroom trips...

i miss those days=/
Quote by <vlad>
that only happened when i was fairly stoned or during mushroom trips...

i miss those days=/

The source of a lot of great music...lol
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
You know, we all feel that way ALL THE TIME!!!! Thank you to anyone who caught the reference.

Actually, yes I have. It's a truely great feeling when you are just jamming with some mate, one of them pulls out a trick, so you sorta have to one-up him! I definately ended up surprising myself.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
I have jammed while extremely intoxicated many times, and probably 5 out of the hundreds have been far and away better than anything I've done sober. Not to mention I convinced a group of friends that I was a drummer, and played with them for a couple hours... even though I don't play drums at all. Music is felt, sometimes you are more in tune with this than others. Sometimes I get off work and go straight home to play and I cannot make a single note that sounds ok. All depends on mood and energy.

PS. Try drinking 3 bottles of robitussin then playing with digital delay for 6 hours!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I have jammed while extremely intoxicated many times, and probably 5 out of the hundreds have been far and away better than anything I've done sober. Not to mention I convinced a group of friends that I was a drummer, and played with them for a couple hours... even though I don't play drums at all. Music is felt, sometimes you are more in tune with this than others. Sometimes I get off work and go straight home to play and I cannot make a single note that sounds ok. All depends on mood and energy.

PS. Try drinking 3 bottles of robitussin then playing with digital delay for 6 hours!

seriously we don't suggest drug usage in here.

on topic however i do this ALL the time, SOBER. connecting with the music is a state of mind. sometimes you just have to tell your mind to shut up and let whatever it is go straight from you to the fretboard and cut out the brain and all the other stuff. personally i find meditating for a little while before playing to help with it.
"PS. Try drinking 3 bottles of robitussin then playing with digital delay for 6 hours!"

Ok, so I guess I should qualify that statement.... It was a joke, in case you actually were considering it. That would be, for lack of a better term, "a bad idea", don't do it. You would more than likely revolutionize the music industry as we know it, then die, and thats only cool if your Jimmy Hendrix or the countless other musicians that did it, ha.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!