ill be upgrading my guitar since its falling apart and i need some pickup recomendations. i play alot of metal but i really want to be able to branch out into other genres, so something thats good for metal but also can be versatile. i do not want any active pickups in this guitar. i need one for both neck and bridge, and they must be humbuckers. so what do you think?
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
So are you buying a new guitar or upgrading the pickups? Is it worth upgrading the pickups in the guitar you have?

How is it falling apart?
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Last edited by Perturabo at Jul 24, 2008,
you have a $100 guitar, putting new pups in won't be worth it. And what type of metal do you play?
just pickups right now. everything is basically coming loose on it and coming off so im gonna buy some new parts and fix it up. im gonna be buying a hellraiser in about 2 months (my birthday) and the emgs might not be as versatile so it would be nice to have 2 guitars. right now im looking at a SD invader, hows that for my description?
GEAR
Dean Vendetta
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband

Quote by alexyeung

wtf?
invaders are pretty muddy, only good for distortion. Now what types of metal do you play!
It may be worth looking at how much it's going to cost and maybe looking at buying another guitar instead of upgrading that one, look at time and cost.

You may be able to pick up a secondhand LTD, Schecter, Jackson or Ibanez that may be more worth the cost in the long run.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
ooh ya sorry, as i lay dying, BFMV, all that remains, Aa7x, metallica stuff like that
GEAR
Dean Vendetta
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband

Quote by alexyeung

wtf?
ill be getting a new guitar in 2 months i dont want to buy another now. i realize the one i have now isnt all that great but if i spice this one up a bit then it wont be as bad. who knows later on i might get another guitar and when i do i can just trade out the pickups for the ones im getting now.
GEAR
Dean Vendetta
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband

Quote by alexyeung

wtf?
I recommend you check out emg's passive humbuckers. Go to www.emginc.com and check out their passive H4 humbucker and the passive H4A humbucker. The H4A has an alnico magnet in it giving it a warmer/brighter tone, perfect for a bluesier sound. The H4 is the METAL humbucker. Check out the website for more details. These two humbuckers, paired up, would give you that metal (H4), yet versatile (H4A) tone. However, if you're willing to give active pick ups a chance, i suggest you check out the EMG 81 and 89's with coil tap.
Each pick up's volume knob doubles as a push/pull knob, which when pulled splits the humbucker into a single coil, giving it that bluesier, strat sound. But if you just wanna to rock out, you can switch back to humbucker mode and get that massive crunch in the 81 or just bust a solo with the 89 in the bridge position. I'm tellin' ya the 89 just oozes gain, perfect for shredding a screaming lead. The EMG 81-89 coil tap set up is what i have in my Shecter C-1 Hellraiser, and the tone is AMAZING!! Sorry, i'm starting to preach for the active pick ups, nonetheless check out both set ups, it wouldn't hurt.
.....Or you can wait for that new guitar, Ghold125 is right, not worth it to put high end pickups into a mediocre guitar. Hell, the pickups will cost more than the guitar did, assuming you have the Vendetta 1.0