Poll: what should i do?
Poll Options
View poll results: what should i do?
relic it
8 24%
leave it alone
25 76%
Voters: 33.
i have a new custom model Synyster coming in a few weeks, and i really wanna try to keep it as MINT as possible, and its gonna be tough with the gold hardware fading over time. SOOOO my current black Synyster standard is primarily my gigging ax, and it already has a ding in it, and the pickup rings are cracking, and it has a scratch. so i got the brilliant idea, to LIGHTLY relic it, not to look like i did it on purpose, but enough to give it a cool, one of a kind look. The body is mahogany so its dark and should mesh well with the black.

what do you guys think? relic it or no?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
(Invalid img)
Ibanez AEL 12-string

I don't see on earth why you'd wanna beat a perfectly good guitar up with the sole intention of making it look like ****.

Whatever floats your boat though, buddy.
sand to the mahogany the put an oil finish on it
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
sand off that awful black and white finish and give it an oil finish like hans said
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by hans the lefty
sand to the mahogany the put an oil finish on it

+1
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Relic it so hard it snaps in two >_>

But seriously, do a refinish if you want to change the looks, personally I think the "Synyster" guitars would be fine if not for that eye crushing finish.
i was thinking about leaving it alone, ill just not take as much care of it
Ibanez AEL 12-string

i dislike unnaturally reliced guitars. theres no story besides "i thought it would look cool" to got with it. let nature take its course. then its well that ding is from the show where i was so drunk i... or well the finish is all f-ed up there from playing 6 hours a day. the neck has nasty marks on it from me having sweaty dirty hands.... the scratches on the back are from me jumping around with a metal belt buckle etc. it gives it character, instead of lies.
very true
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Don't relic it but here's a great mod you could do instead: new ebony fret board with side dots and no inlays (or offset dots). I think those would be great guitars if it wasn't for the inlays (and I thought the same thing when i was a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan), and it would be a one-of-a-kind kind of thing
Do not relic it =S if you want a reliced guitar buy one and that white one is fugly, looks better in the video.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

you cant be getting that guitar cause i read there never coming out with it and schecter does not customize artist sig guitars
nevermind dit read ur sig.
Last edited by TomGates at Jul 25, 2008,
Quote by LP Addict
cover it in feces and put it in a kiln for about 6 days.

hahahahahaahaha, im not really an avenged sevenfold fan either, hahah funny, but eah, do what you want man, its your guitar, and you chose what you do with it, simple as that
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
wow, you've even been here for a while, and you still necro-bump!!

*'ported* for close

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA