Suppose we humans find another color. A brand new primary color. It's impossible to picture this color because we only know of the colors we perceive daily. Any color you imagine is composed of two or more of the primary colors (if they're not the primary colors themselves)

Also, I've heard two theories about the universe:

One is that it is never ending. This just baffles me to no end. How can it never stop?

The other is even more confusing, and that's that it actually DOES end. In order for something to exist there has to be something to exist before it. In this sense there is no end to existence.

These are just a couple random things that really make me think too hard.

Got any more food for thought?
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Member #23 of the official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
isn't the universe constantly growing and expanding?
edit: and a neat fact "A space vehicle must move at a rate of 7 miles per second to escape the earth's Gravitational pull. This is equivalent to going from New York to Philadelphia in about twenty seconds."
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Last edited by cheeseman3001 at Jul 24, 2008,
I've had this thought many times too, weird.

I always try to think of the color, then I realize I can't. Makes my head hurt when I keep trying to imagine it, knowing I can't.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
If you could perceive/recognise a new, unique color, would you then see shades of it amongst other colors on objects?

If you get what I mean..
How about picturing what it's like to be dead, barring the existence of heaven or a similar place. Just imagine not thinking..like at all. Non existence really. Very very hard to think about.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
something that messes with my mind isnt forever space, but forever time, like eternal life or immortality.

and also i cant imagine a bullet hitting brick wall in my mind without it breaking through. i can spin a spinner tho and make it stop on a color tho.
Quote by chuckflan333
How about picturing what it's like to be dead, barring the existence of heaven or a similar place. Just imagine not thinking..like at all. Non existence really. Very very hard to think about.

This too.

Like, if there was no heaven or hell, and you were nothing. Nothing. What would that be like? You wouldn't know, you wouldn't exist, but then what would happen to you?

Thanks a lot, now I'm gonna be pondering this all night.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

I am just not high enough to understand this one
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by HelloHalo
This too.

Like, if there was no heaven or hell, and you were nothing. Nothing. What would that be like? You wouldn't know, you wouldn't exist, but then what would happen to you?

Thanks a lot, now I'm gonna be pondering this all night.

Exactly! Ugh..goodbye sleeping tonight.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
did you ever stop and think that your version of for example green, might look blue to me? you can never tell how another person's brain precieves sensory input. though we are talking about the same color, it may look different to us.
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Quote by chuckflan333
Exactly! Ugh..goodbye sleeping tonight.

It's summer, I catch maybe 2 hours of sleep a night. Still. Stupid questions that hurt your brain D=
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

I always wonder how the hell we began. Whether you believe in creationism or evolutionism, think about it. Say you believe God created us. What created God? Or say you believe we started off as a bunch of molecules that formed together to create organisms. Where did those molecules start off?

Trips me out.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
yea give me an 8th of shrooms and ill be explaining how all this **** works all damn night...

haha "good times"
The colour thing doesn't really work because of the visible light spectrum. However, if we could expand our perception beyond the visible light spectrum to see infrared and ultraviolet without the aid of technology such as goggles designed specifically to translate them into visible light, then we would probably see them blend in to what we see today.

edit: and yes I understand that you guys are just throwing the whole unique perceptions thing out there, but it just doesn't work that way haha
hug your local pug dealer!
Quote by zbest
did you ever stop and think that your version of for example green, might look blue to me? you can never tell how another person's brain precieves sensory input. though we are talking about the same color, it may look different to us.

Yeah, and it's impossible to know the answer to that question, as you cannot describe a color.
They say the universe is expanding...that shold help ease the traffic
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by zbest

YES! I always wonder how they would know a person was color blind because their red may be blue to us, and so they learn red colors as 'blue'.

Also, I didn't really want to put too much about religion because of the religion thread, but the after life brings up so much more confusion. Suppose there is no afterlife, like a UGer posted before me, and that we just exist in nothingness.

Or suppose heaven exists. Say my dearest family member or friend goes to hell, but I go to heaven. What kind of heaven is that? Suppose a murderer kills one of your family members, repents and goes to heaven along with you.

Or say hell exists. Eternal damnation? That just seems way to awful to imagine. Torture without the ability to die?

Bah!
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Quote by Crovox
Suppose we humans find another color. A brand new primary color. It's impossible to picture this color because we only know of the colors we perceive daily. Any color you imagine is composed of two or more of the primary colors (if they're not the primary colors themselves)

Also, I've heard two theories about the universe:

One is that it is never ending. This just baffles me to no end. How can it never stop?

The other is even more confusing, and that's that it actually DOES end. In order for something to exist there has to be something to exist before it. In this sense there is no end to existence.

These are just a couple random things that really make me think too hard.

Got any more food for thought?

we cant find another color that our eyes can see. im a theater major mostly with lighting, no 4th primary to discover, go back to your crayola.

we can only see as far as the light has traveled, e.i. we can see 16 billion light years because thats roughly how old the universe is

it does make more sense if it all doesnt end, personally, even though we will never know every detail, ever, at all
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
I thought of this the other day and, while being rather stupid and pointless, its an interesting thought to me.

If anyone has seen the dewmocracy commercial, thats where i got the idea. so say you have a really long rope... stretches for miles. on one end of the rope, you have a jet plane. how many people would have to be pulling on the other end to hold the plane back. no matter how much i think about it, i cant picture a group of people holding it back a jet.
Quote by <vlad>
yea give me an 8th of shrooms and ill be explaining how all this **** works all damn night...

haha "good times"

Blah! No shrooms! Last time I had them I went blind for 4 hours I was freaking the hell out.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by zbest

Thats exactly what i think
Quote by Gyroscope
I always wonder how the hell we began. Whether you believe in creationism or evolutionism, think about it. Say you believe God created us. What created God? Or say you believe we started off as a bunch of molecules that formed together to create organisms. Where did those molecules start off?

Trips me out.

I've thought this one over, how apparently there are the two completely different theories of how we got to where we are today, we evolved from lesser beings over millions of years, or we were created by God.
Well, couldn't God have just made the very first lesser beings and gave us the ability to evolve? It would work out the same way, it just isn't how it's written in the bible. It's still possible though.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by Habit Zero
There are primary colors we cannot see with our human eyes, as I recall.

Proofage: http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/FD35913C-7DC6-4FE0-BD70-1E74BB8AAC83/

It just drives me nuts how you couldn't possibly imagine any of those other colors that they see. I also wonder how anyone ever figures stuff like that out about animals.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip