This should be a sticky post. Thanks =)

~

Anyway, there are TONS of threads out there that ask "HEY WHAT AMP SHOULD I GET - I LIKE (INSERT STYLE HERE)"

If you want to ask everyone, just ask within this thread instead of making a new thread.

~

My goal with this is to take all of the information gathered, and make an up-to-date "amp suggestion" thread that contains a general list of good amplifiers for varying styles.

Someone kick this off!
Theres already a thread like this, or am I wrong?
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
I know this, but it deals with what type of amp people want to buy and doesn't get extremely specific.

I want to deal with brand names, etc.
Haha, i'll start bc i do need a new amp

OK well i need to know what kind of tube amp i should get

I play some blues, alot of modern rock, classic rock, metal, Hard Rock, Altrn Rock, and
Emocore

I play a Gibson Les Paul

I would use it to play gigs

I really wouldnt use it for anything else except maybe band practice

price: not way over the top, but i also dont wanna buy a cheap piece of crap so around 300-700 maybe a little more
Last edited by The Pear at Jul 24, 2008,
Three things -

- How much money
- Primary usage (jamming, gigs, bedroom, etc.)
- Versatility

Answer those, please
So we post our amp questions all under this one post? Seems convenient....
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Well, I was thinking about getting this Laney tube amp since I now have a job.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Laney-LC15R-15W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481337

How much money: I'd like to keep it between the 500-1000 USD range.

Primary usage (jamming, gigs, bedroom, etc.)
: An amp loud enough to practice with a band would be nice.

Versatility
: I play mostly metal/metal-core, with the occasional prog-rock and classic rock

Would this amp be good for me with the things I described?
Quote by Moe.
Fail thread, it's not needed.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149114

Go there for any amp questions.
Mods, close this?

I'm glad you feel like something that could genuinely help people is a failure.

That thread is swamped with tons of questions that people can't answer efficiently due to its popularity.

If this thread becomes popular, then, by that time, I will take the information and use it to compile a good list of amplifiers for stereotypical amp users.
Quote by Thebiz
Well, I was thinking about getting this Laney tube amp since I now have a job.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Laney-LC15R-15W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481337

How much money: I'd like to keep it between the 500-1000 USD range.

Primary usage (jamming, gigs, bedroom, etc.)
: An amp loud enough to practice with a band would be nice.

Versatility
: I play mostly metal/metal-core, with the occasional prog-rock and classic rock

Would this amp be good for me with the things I described?

I've tried these, and am not a HUGE fan of Laney. BUT, if you like it, then it's a good choice. Have you tried it? If so, what sticks out about it that makes it worth the price, etc.?
Hi.

I recently started playing bass, and at the moment I've got a 12 Watt Woodstock amp. I was thinking of getting a new tube amp for my up-coming birthday.

Details:

Where: Bedroom, Band Practise, maybe some small time gigs.

Price: About $200 - $400 AD.

Sound: Something that would sound really good, and have a good tone for playing heavier genre's of metal on. A good tone would be the main aim.

All help is appreciated. Also - I'd propobly be getting it from a local shop, if that helps.
Quote by StratFox
I'm glad you feel like something that could genuinely help people is a failure.

That thread is swamped with tons of questions that people can't answer efficiently due to its popularity.

If this thread becomes popular, then, by that time, I will take the information and use it to compile a good list of amplifiers for stereotypical amp users.

It's a fail thread because it's not needed.
The people in the Amp Q&A do a best a job as possible. If a question isn't answered, ask again. This thread isn't going to help much with traffic.

It's not needed.
Seriously.

And what do you mean if this thread turns out popular you'll take that information and use it to compile a good list of amps?
One persons trash is another person's treasure, so this list will be utter crap to some people.

Honestly, if people need an what amp thread, they should visit the one I linked. It's full of very knowledgeable people.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.

And what do you mean if this thread turns out popular you'll take that information and use it to compile a good list of amps?
One persons trash is another person's treasure, so this list will be utter crap to some people.

Your argument doesn't hold any water. You're claiming that if only a few don't find the list helpful, that it absolutely, positively won't help ANYBODY.

If you're such an honest, knowledgeable individual, instead of insulting the thread, try rephrasing yourself. Calling something a failure is not socially well-received.

Furthermore, I don't see you in every other "should I get this amp" thread, saying "PLEASE STOP - GO HERE INSTEAD".

Fine - I was only trying to help. I'll try and close the thread.

NO ONE POST ANYTHING ELSE BECAUSE YOUR QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED
Last edited by StratFox at Jul 24, 2008,
*reported for spam*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I agree with Moe. There is already a thread and more than likely holds the info that the person buying the amp needs. I see too many threads saying, i need a metal amp, what amp should i get. The obvious answer will be a used peavey 5150/6505 or around that and the thread Moe linked will have ALOT of information, if not all of the info the buyer needs.

What I'm saying is; people who make a thread saying 'metal amp, what one?' need to use the searchbar and/or look through the sticky about amps.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
All right... you guys convinced me to skip getting a nice pedal and save up for a tube amp. I am looking for anything from $300 to $800. I play classic rock sounding stuff or just light distortion stuff, so a high gain amp is not needed. I know i don't NEED a half stack, but just for the fun of it can you recommend me some in that price range to try out along with the combos.

(Oh and by the way I gig so its gotta be at least 30+ watts.)

And i use a les paul
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
There's already this thread and no one uses it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia