can anyone tell me wat "gou gan" means in mandarin chinese? my friend was in taiwan for student exchange and now shes giving everyone nicknames in chinese and mine is gou gan, and i wanna know wat it means.
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
gan means f*ck, thats all i know.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by Spydr
gan means f*ck, thats all i know.

Then my guess on the first word is fat.

Note: I haven't taken a look at your profile. I have no idea what you look like.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Have you tried an online translator? Google language help? www.dictionary.com/translator ?
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
im actually pretty skinny, and i dont think its tiny **** cuz thats the nickname she gave my brother in chinese, shes already told him wat his meant. thnx, the help on just the second word is useful, hopefully someone else on here will know the first
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
so ive got tall **** and dog ****....it sounds like something she would choose
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
no i dont know wats streesed, and i know thats important but she wouldnt tell me cuz then itd be easy to look it up on a translator. i figured the pit would give me the worst possible meanings cuz i know thats wat she would pick
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
It means
BADASS MOTHER****ER

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Actually it means tall. At least it means tall in Cantonese, and Mandarin is very similar to Cantonese but it just has less stresses.

that was my lame attempt at a joke...

But yeah, as for the language, I've heard you can accidentally call your mother a horse if you stress the syllable incorrectly.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Is gou pronounced like "go" or more like "gow"? Gao, as it is technically notated, means tall, though there are other meanings.
Quote by iceman_8319
that was my lame attempt at a joke...

But yeah, as for the language, I've heard you can accidentally call your mother a horse if you stress the syllable incorrectly.

yes i saw that. i was trying to look this up and googled it, no luck, and saw on one website as an example they had the word for mom and all the different tones for it and saw one meant horse.
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by grampastumpy
Is gou pronounced like "go" or more like "gow"? Gao, as it is technically notated, means tall, though there are other meanings.

go, she told me it was spelled gou
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by Bonesaw
gou means dog, and I'm serious

+1
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
so does the second word really mean f*ck?
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
I asked a Taiwanese friend and he said it most likely means "dog f*ck" but it doesn't make sense in chinese. That is just a literal translation, he said only a foreigner would say something like that.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by Bonesaw
gou means dog, and I'm serious

Yes but the tone is important, it could mean something completely different.
Quote by Spydr
I asked a Taiwanese friend and he said it most likely means "dog f*ck" but it doesn't make sense in chinese. That is just a literal translation, he said only a foreigner would say something like that.
well she lived there for a year, shes a foreigner but i think shed know enough not to say something that didnt make sense. or maybe she just said something that would be easier for me to figure out. idk. thnx for the help everyone.
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W