Poll: What should the drinking age be?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should the drinking age be?
You should be allowed to drink from day one
8 9%
13 15%
47 54%
10 11%
Alcohol should be illegal
9 10%
Voters: 87.
Page 1 of 2
Honestly, it doesn't really matter. People will drink underage no matter what. Anyone who doesn't is a ****ing faggot. I'm sry, I know it's your life and you have the right to do what you want, but goddammit live a little. Do you know where the kids that don't drink are in highschool? There certainly not at all the parties. They certainly don't hang out with anyone even the least bit cool.

Sorry, but it's the truth
I don't really care about drinking age so I picked the first one
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by metalhead39
Honestly, it doesn't really matter. People will drink underage no matter what. Anyone who doesn't is a ****ing faggot. I'm sry, I know it's your life and you have the right to do what you want, but goddammit live a little. Do you know where the kids that don't drink are in highschool? There certainly not at all the parties. They certainly don't hang out with anyone even the least bit cool.

wow, your a dick
You are now blinking manually
The metalhead39 comment was so stupid, sorry buddy, perhaps you want to read it and write a new one.
There shouldn't be a drink age, because that makes stupid people to drink it because it seems very cool to get drunk. Getting drunk or hanging out with people just because they drink is definitly not cool. It's an individual responsibility anyways.
Quote by metalhead39

I am in highschool dont drink and still go to the parties and I still have a gay ol time....sorry i'm watching the Flinstones for those that get the reference
BromptonCocktail of the A7X Army PM Copius
Quote by metalhead39

You're funny.
Quote by metalhead39

What an asshat. I drink (quite a bit) but I still have respect for the people who choose not to. It's their lives, so let them live them.

You don't have to drink to be cool, muppet.

But what does anyone else know? Focus on just drinking, and have fun working at Burger King for the rest of your life.
I think they've got it right at 18 here in Australia. I'm not going to go into the patriotic dick waving, but i think that is, depending on how fast you develop, the age where it won't stunt your brains growth or something like that. I think 21 is a little extreme, but more healthy.
Quote by metalhead39

you really think all of that is important... wow im probably younger then you and i know whats right and what is not you ****ing freak
i think it should be 19 cause it would kind of keep it away from kids still in high school casue most of them are 18. and it would make life just easier for everyone else i.e. college students casue they are gonna drink either way and having the drinking age at 19 would jsut get rid of all the trouble you can get in with the school/law with drinking.
Quote by metalhead39

Wow you're cool.
21 is way too much, I'd never wanna wait that long to get into a bar

18 seems good

But in cultures where kids are allowed to drink wine and such from a young age, they grow up thinking alcohol is no big deal. Therefore they don't use it as a way to be stupid and rebel - which is good. Plus they learn responsibilities at a far earlier age

(i'm not talking about a 5 year old drinking a mickey of jose cuervo)
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
it should be legal for anyone to drink. it should also be legal to smoke pot. then all the losers at my school would have nothing to talk about.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I drink sometimes. I am highschool For Pete Sake! It's pretty hard with peer pressure, but I make my own choices.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

It came out like 2 weeks ago

We all saw it

We all pointed and laughed

We all secretly wished we could afford it
Quote by metalhead39

Well as far as drinking goes, I'll drink but I've only been drunk 3 times in my life. I don't go to all the parties but I'd hang to say most of my friends are considered 'cool'. I'll admit though I wish I would start drinking more.

Also you suck.
Last edited by drunkinkoala at Jul 24, 2008,
Look, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I even said it's their life and they have a right to do what they want.

I just think they're wasting their teenage years. They're missing out on so many of the things highschools all about. Just trying to help them out that's all.
Quote by metalhead39

Wow, you're a fuckwit!

I think it's fine at 18.
21 is a bit excessive really.
Quote by metalhead39
Look, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I even said it's their life and they have a right to do what they want.

I just think they're wasting their teenage years. They're missing out on so many of the things highschools all about. Just trying to help them out that's all.

ok are you high? or just incredibly stupid?

yes they are missing out on ****ing up there life by drinking, screwing up their brain and will end up working at a McDonalds in Compton.

thanks for helping us out!
Quote by metalhead39

Wow, you're an idiot. Getting piss drunk at someone's house while their parents are away and passing out in a pool of your own vomit is what high school is all about? Give me a ****ing break. You're not helping anyone.

As for me, I support an idea I've read about in a few places, a "drinking license" of sorts. Around age 18 or so, you can take a test where you answer some questions about alcohol and the laws surrounding it to recieve a license that allows you to purchase and consume alcohol outside of your own home. If you are convicted of drunken driving or another alcohol-related crime, your license is revoked.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Wow, you're an idiot. Getting piss drunk at someone's house while their parents are away and passing out in a pool of your own vomit is what high school is all about? Give me a ****ing break. You're not helping anyone.

As for me, I support an idea I've read about in a few places, a "drinking license" of sorts. Around age 18 or so, you can take a test where you answer some questions about alcohol and the laws surrounding it to recieve a license that allows you to purchase and consume alcohol outside of your own home. If you are convicted of drunken driving or another alcohol-related crime, your license is revoked.

+2 you deserve a cookie
Quote by alaskan_ninja

I didn't say being a huge dumbass mag is what highschool's about. I said having a few drinks and being social and having fun with all your friends once in a while isn't a bad thing.
having fun while drinking is alright... but drinking to have fun is slightly sad
Makin love, makin love for two, makin love for two minutes... When its with me you only need two minutes... cuz I’m intense

Proud owner of the Anti Gnome Extermination Confederation.

Give me a yell if you wanna join!!!
Quote by metalhead39
I didn't say being a huge dumbass mag is what highschool's about. I said having a few drinks and being social and having fun with all your friends once in a while isn't a bad thing.

before you screw yourself over anymore. You mean that being social and having fun is what high school is about......
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

I could really care less about the drinking age. I'd rather have weed legal that alcohol, but that seems a distant dream...
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by GibsonSG120
before you screw yourself over anymore. You mean that being social and having fun is what high school is about......

I know, but the reality is that in high school, drinking comes along with that. It's just the way it is. I think we can all agree on that.
Quote by metalhead39

Actually, I believe you said:

Quote by metalhead39
Anyone who doesn't is a ****ing faggot.

and

Quote by metalhead39
They certainly don't hang out with anyone even the least bit cool.
18. If there wasn't a drinking age even more little pricks would be drunk on the streets.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
metalhead23 is a douche that screwed up his life and is now trying to screw up others. discuss
Quote by metalhead39

u forgot to mention they dont get any pussy.
And on the 7th day God created METAL!
Quote by capsfan17
I could really care less about the drinking age. I'd rather have weed legal that alcohol, but that seems a distant dream...

High five. Weed has no bad effects like drinking. No hangovers.

It's technically better than alcohol. It relieves pain with out killing your liver.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Quote by garden of grey
Age doesn't really matter as much as people think. It's how our society as a whole percieves drugs that effects anything. Until people learn how to use drugs in a safer context when used recreationally, there are still going to be tons of problems. (And unfortunately, most people are pretty dumb.)

I agree with your statement about how children are exposed to alcohol at an early age. I was allowed a glass of wine at special occasions during my childhood, and I respect alcohol and I don't go overboard (Usually ). I'm conflicted in the matter, I didn't think that post through either.

If we educate kids, I think is what I'm trying to get at.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I think you should have to be 18 to buy but it should be legal to drink at any age, and discipline should be done by parents and the parents views on the matter
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
I think it should be 15+ or even 13+.

The ironic thing is that I personally don't drink and am against it.

The way I see it, so many kids drink as a form of rebelling because they think it is a cool thing to do. If they are allowed to drink anyway it would not be such a novelty. If drinking was not such a 'taboo' I highly doubt it would be as popular in youth culture.
Quote by jhardcore
I think it should be 15+ or even 13+.

The ironic thing is that I personally don't drink and am against it.

The way I see it, so many kids drink as a form of rebelling because they think it is a cool thing to do. If they are allowed to drink anyway it would not be such a novelty. If drinking was not such a 'taboo' I highly doubt it would be as popular in youth culture.

There is one flaw in that though, if sounds like a very reasonable idea but its not just underage drinkers that drink to excess, which means its clearly not just an act of rebelion, people do it for fun and kicks, alcohol loosens you up alot, it gets you talking to people you wouldnt normally talk to etc. The sad thing these people don't realise is that it only takes a beer or two really.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
why the hell 15 and not 16? ....

I think everybody should be allowed to drink alcohol at the age of 21
yes i drink much alcohol now and im 17, but im allowed here in germany
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

searchbar....

use it next time....
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by Toast1337
why the hell 15 and not 16? ....

I think everybody should be allowed to drink alcohol at the age of 21
yes i drink much alcohol now and im 17, but im allowed here in germany

16 is the worst time to spring alcohol on a teenager. 16 means driving in America (not sure of German Laws) but drinking and driving usually doesn't have a kick ass result.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

I've been drinking since I was like, 8. Not excessively of course, just little sips here and there from my parents drinks. It's the best thing to do in my opinion, because then alcohol isn't that big a deal when the kid is older.

I still think 18 is a pretty fair age.
Page 1 of 2