Hey i just purchased a John Mayer Sig Strat in the Olympic white color ( http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/3/6/523936.jpg ). The pickguard however looks like its tinted green....maybe even this color: (yes i realize the URL but its from google) http://www.pregnancystore.com/images/Halo%20SleepSack/Mint_317%20Swatch.jpg. Should this be an issue? Should i just pay $20 for a legit pickguard? I assume that if i didnt have a guitar that was Olympic white, i wouldnt even notice the greenish tint, or maybe it was meant to be like that..... Opinions are welcome, thanks everyone.

another note, (i know some people enjoy the mint green pickguards, but its an aethstetic faux pas for me) if i decide to get a standard fender pickguard, will it be shielded already, or should i put some shielding on myself? Might be a dumb question but ive never bought fender before. Thanks.
Last edited by illtrixtaj at Jul 24, 2008,
it's supposed to be like that. it's called mint green.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
ah well, i guess i was deceived by the voodoo of the internet. I had a good friend of mine buy it from a store in boston, which is 3 hrs away from me. I made a hasty decision to switch from the sunburst to the white last minute, guess I was under the impression that the 'guard was white from the pictures ive seen of it, i guess thats what you get when you dont try the guitar before you buy....its minor though.
Last edited by illtrixtaj at Jul 24, 2008,
it seems that fender regard the 'mint green' shade as giving a bit of an aged look to the scratchplate.

anyway, congrats on the guitar, i really would like to try a JM strat one day. i hear the pickups are awesome.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
it seems that fender regard the 'mint green' shade as giving a bit of an aged look to the scratchplate.

anyway, congrats on the guitar, i really would like to try a JM strat one day. i hear the pickups are awesome.

Yeah they are definately the fullest sounding p'ups ive ever heard, like texas specials on steroids (well...because thats what they are...). Although i cant imagine what they sound like on a better amp, because the one i have doesnt do this guitar justice. Thanks for the help.