I recently restrung my Telecaster and my D string isn't sounding right. I tuned it and played it open and it sounds right, but when I play the 2nd fret it doesn't sound right at all. Any ideas why this could be?
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by InvaderTSN
I'm guessing intonation.

How would I go about fixing that?
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
or your fret marker is severely worn down, I got that prob with my stagg on the 7th fret :'(
It might be the bridge that is adjusted incorrectly that where the intonation screws are. If this is the problem you might discover it by playing a the 12th fret this should be a D also.

By adjusting the intonation screws in the bridge you influence the string length and thuss the string tension and finally the tone. To get it right you should adjust this, you are right when the 12th fret and the open note are of the same note.

When you can not get it right you might have to go to your local guitarshop they can fix it.
I found out what it was. Someone at the Ernie Ball factory ****ed up and put B strings in the packets that should have been G and D. I'll get a new set of strings later.