Page 1 of 2
i thought this would best suit the pit because it didnt really go under any other topic.

anyway my band are doing a 15-20 minute performance at school and were into the whole punk/metal thing. recently weve been playing alot of Bullet For My Valentine but were all starting to get over them abit. so we need help with the song name and band names that you guys would want to see played so we can get an idea
btw our inspirational bands include children of bodom,atreyu,a7x,aiden, shadows falls parkway drive just really bands like that so yeah please with your choice of songs please make them stick to the punk/metal genre
thanks
...write your own songs?
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
Protest the Hero are perfect, but you will never be able to play their music.
Bodoms difficult and will need alot of practice but our band pulls off everytime i die and people love it.
i would learn the glass prison by dream theater, its is 13 minutes long, set done!
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Dude do some Nine Inch Nails, "Head Like a Hole" or "The Hand That Feeds" NIN covers go down well in the right crowd.
i like the idea of NIN and we can easily pull of bodom were got a hell of a guitarist
and i really like the protest the hero idea
thanks for that guys =]
her voice resides, if you play bullet - tears dont fall
do music you can play well as that way you dont muck up and get booed off stage.
i would say GnR as i think they brilliant
Quote by burrit0
Protest the Hero are perfect, but you will never be able to play their music.

My band is covering one of their songs! We're getting owned .
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

iron maiden?
if u can pull off something like follow the reaper...that would be sweet
Quote by lazy town
i like the idea of NIN and we can easily pull of bodom were got a hell of a guitarist
and i really like the protest the hero idea
thanks for that guys =]

If you do end up wanting a PTH cover, Heretics and Killers is one of their easiest, yet well known songs. Bloodmeat isn't that difficult either, and the ending chorus is amazing.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Write your own bastard songs.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
oh btw we have made 2 songs but we dont think their really any good or if the crowd will appreciate it because our schools not into thrash metaly music they all just think its noise which kinda sucks
oof protest the hero FTW. personally, Bury The Hatchet is my favourite. that would make a great cover.
so most of yous reckon protest the hero would be a band to get into and perform?
Quote by lazy town
so most of yous reckon protest the hero would be a band to get into and perform?

Really depends how good you and your band are. Especially your drummer.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'm the bassist for the said band.

We've covered Tears Don't Fall by BFMV, as well as Hand of Blood and Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow.

The two songs we have written sound like a mix between Bodom sort of music and BFMV, but as mentioned above, most of the school likes stuff like house and R'n'B, or wuss rock like Fall out Boy.

We wouldn't want to cover Iron Maiden since it is one of the few bands which is almost impossible to cover without making it sound crap.

Oh, and my bandmate (drummer) above forgot to mention Metallica. We covered the song One and did it pretty well, wasn't too difficult, but my bandmates wouldn't want to cover another song. Personally, I'd love to do Blackened, but myeah.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

---

Edit, to the post above, lazy town is our drummer, and he's damn good. He's faster than many other drummers that I have seen and can pretty much cover anything just by listening to it by ear. Our Lead Guitarist could pretty much pass as Kirk Hammett or Steve Vai's love child (yes, the joke has been made by other students and our guitar teacher - who's a shredder and will help us out whenever).
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
how about some Trivium? Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr always gets the crowd going!
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
how about some Trivium? Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr always gets the crowd going!

That would be fun to cover.

At one stage, we were talking about covering Schism by Tool, but the other 3 didn't want a 7 minute bass solo, and I was like haha
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by Mootallica
That would be fun to cover.

At one stage, we were talking about covering Schism by Tool, but the other 3 didn't want a 7 minute bass solo, and I was like haha

The song is amazing, smack their asses and call them bitches and command them to play it.

You might even get some sexy time as how you are the bassist.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
The song is amazing, smack their asses and call them bitches and command them to play it.

You might even get some sexy time as how you are the bassist.

Just because they wont get any xD
Quote by srvguitarrulez
LOL thats funny as
but hes a bassist no one care...nah im joking lol whats a band without a bassist?
the funny thing is he does do that though...
Quote by mrbungle50221
i would learn the glass prison by dream theater, its is 13 minutes long, set done!

Ahaha I love you dude.
Or ask them for 10 more minutes and do Octavarium by Dream Theater
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by kirkadolph
Ahaha I love you dude.
Or ask them for 10 more minutes and do Octavarium by Dream Theater

hahaha ye that would be epic lol

oh and its "dudette" btw
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
2 Opeth songs.

They're long enough :p

And what's wrong with a bass solo? I think they sound amazing. I always encourage the basist in my band to play bass intros or little funky solos.
Quote by mrbungle50221
hahaha ye that would be epic lol

oh and its "dudette" btw

whoahh dudette? Awesome!
Man, I wish I knew some chicks that listened to Dream Theater
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by Slinov
2 Opeth songs.

They're long enough :p

And what's wrong with a bass solo? I think they sound amazing. I always encourage the basist in my band to play bass intros or little funky solos.

That's what I want to know.

As soon as I even start to solo (which I can), they just play over me and tell me to STFU.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Quote by kirkadolph
whoahh dudette? Awesome!
Man, I wish I knew some chicks that listened to Dream Theater

i know quite a few, which was suprising when i found out
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by Mootallica
That's what I want to know.

As soon as I even start to solo (which I can), they just play over me and tell me to STFU.

They should understand that bass is a guitar and that it's solo's can be just as melodic and epic as a guitar one, no matter how short in length it is.

If you like protest the hero...there's a bass solo in Dmitri kamazazazazazarakov and the world is my father. Tell them to listen to that and say that Arif's playing isn't pure beauty and genius.
keyboard solo ftw

or if you like KSE: Beard Solos!
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Well, according to your posts, you're all amazing musicians. So why don't you just write your own songs? It will do you a lot more justice on stage, and then you have a chance of getting somewhere.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
Well, according to your posts, you're all amazing musicians. So why don't you just write your own songs? It will do you a lot more justice on stage, and then you have a chance of getting somewhere.

We have done so, except idiots at our school dont appreciate our music, and for my VCE music classes (Australia), we cannot do originals since they mark us on our ability to adapt to techniques, and you cant adapt to something that you created.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
What if you write something that is kind of pushing your limits? Wouldn't you have to adapt to that?
Last edited by sum_ugly_man at Jul 24, 2008,
Still wont allow it. Sucks, I know.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Then play Endless Sacrifice by Dream Theater, if you can pull it off you're gonna ace your class cause well you're gonna have to adapt to some crazy stuff.
Page 1 of 2