Hey, so I bought this fender telecaster (yes, its awesome) and when i play it the strings touch the fretboard a little. I guess (I hope) its the cheap strings the guitar came with.

So I planned to buy some strings, I've played some months with the ernie ball nickel wound .010 - .046. I'd like a bit more cristal sound, as i play my own bluesy stuff and some led Zeppelin, which do you recommend?

Also, the guitar came with some tools for the bridge, to turnaround screws and stuff,, my best guess was its for a different sound(is it?).
Will my string changing move this coils/springs on the bridge?

Thanks in advance
Bridge adjustments are to stop buzz...same with the truss rod.
Read up on all of those before "messing around" with them as you can really mess up the feel of the guitar or break something. When properly set, you should hardly have to adjust the bridge.

Intonation is where you play an open string, then at the 12 fret using a tuner.
if you are sharp on the 12th, move the bridge away from the head stock.
the other way aorund for a flat string.

Adjust your guitar after getting strings you really like the feel and sound of, break them in for a while, then adjust the hardware and truss.

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/intonation.htm
Quote by Chavez11
when i play it the strings touch the fretboard a little

That's absolutely fine, it just means the frets are smaller than what you're used to playing.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
That's absolutely fine, it just means the frets are smaller than what you're used to playing.

I mean they make a small buzz sound.. like hitting the fretmetal

thx for the link moody