i'm doing a gig this november with my amp which i bought july last year.
i've never changed tubes so far.
i'd like to know the types of spare tubes (preamp and/or power), and the brand(s).
i'm currently using this mesa/boogie f-30 combo with mesa/boogie tubes (2 EL84, 4 12AX7).
thanks in advance.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
I'd say buy some Electro-Harmonix tubes as they've been pretty good so far.

BUT, but new tubes and put them in your amp, using the stock for spares.
This is so any new tubes that will fail, will fail BEFORE any gigs - otherwise you'll end up being unable to perform due to lack of tubes.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
so you recommend electro-harmonix for both preamp and power tubes?
sorry but i've heard some bad comments on electro-harmonix tubes.
some people say tung-sol is good for preamp and jj is good for power.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
bump!
nao pay attention to me!
I found the EH preamps to be a tad muddy. Tung-Sol preamps are recommended and JJ's for power amp. I have put JJ's in both my preamp and power amp sections and they sound great though.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
so, for preamp tubes should i get
1. tung-sol
then if they aren't available in my place
2. e-h
3. jj
4. sovtek

and for power tubes,
1. jj
2. e-h ?

tung-sol and jj are rather rare around my place.
off topic, but who makes mesa/boogie "factory" tubes?
I didn't realize the F-30 ran on just 2 EL84's, and had to go look it up just to make sure. That's a lot of power out of those tubes. Probably adds to the tightness of the sound.

Anyway, JJ makes a very nice EL84. I have a few EL84 based amps, and that's what I generally use. My AC30 came stock with EHX, though, and they really weren't bad. Ei is another brand that I have a lot of interest in. They get great reviews as a musical tube, but lesser ratings in reliability. If my amp ran only two, I'd probably be inclined to take the chance on them. I have TAD's (EL84 and 12AX7's) in my little Laney, they are also very nice.

Tung-sols generally get the nod for 12AX7's.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.