Hey guys, I've got a huge problem with one of my Boss pedals, when I turn it on I get huge squealing and high pitch sounds out of my amplifier. I've sent it to the store to fix 2 weeks ago, but they called me today saying that they have it back, but that they had compared it at the factory with the other pedals, and that it worked perfectly .

I'm using a Dunlop Brick as power supply, which has another 4 pedals connected to it, that all work fine, only the SD-1. I've tried switching positions and cables but it doesn't change anything. I did however have the same problem a few months ago, but it went away after I replaced the battery with one in the other pedals, but then the pedal that had the "bad" battery in it worked fine with it.

The guys in the store said that a possibility is that the power supply I'm using isn't a Boss adapter, and gives conflicts, but that doesn't make any sense since the others all work fine and this one has worked fine for a year.
I don't have the option to try a different amplifier or different guitar, except maybe a bass amplifier, but that would probably generate 50 more new problems

Any ideas what this could be?
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
can u go do me a favour unplug all pedals run ur guitar through the amp, crank the amp LOUD and tell me if it does it, i think it could be ur guitar (microphonic feedback), which is masked by other pedals except for distortion pedals and straight through loud amp
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to rehearse in an hour and I'll try cranking it loud without any pedals. The thing you said about only distortion pedals doing this not correct though I'm temporarily using an Ibanez Tubescreamer that doesn't have that problem but I'm not sure if that counts as a distortion pedal.

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by cocacolabottle
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to rehearse in an hour and I'll try cranking it loud without any pedals. The thing you said about only distortion pedals doing this not correct though I'm temporarily using an Ibanez Tubescreamer that doesn't have that problem but I'm not sure if that counts as a distortion pedal.

hmm. we will soon see, also make sure that u change the selector switch and play for a bit

and one more thing as well if that doesnt stop it go to the jack on the amp and pull the lead up and hard

im trying everything, cause i dont see how the power pack for a pedal could create such a problem..

any way best of luck
I used to get this problem myself. It was due to the pickups and the shielding of them. You could install new pickups potentially.
Quote by FreedomFighter
I used to get this problem myself. It was due to the pickups and the shielding of them. You could install new pickups potentially.

Yeah thats the point im pointint out (microphonic feedback)

you need to wax pot the pickups
Okay, thanks Martin.

And Freedomfighter do you think that applies even if it's only a problem with one pedal and all the rest work good? I'd hate to change my pickups, nonetheless I'll try everything, thanks!

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
ODs and stuff will only make guitar feedback issues worse. Some of the other effects, not so much
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by cocacolabottle
Okay, thanks Martin.

And Freedomfighter do you think that applies even if it's only a problem with one pedal and all the rest work good? I'd hate to change my pickups, nonetheless I'll try everything, thanks!
The problem will still apply but the distortion will make it more obvious. When you crank your amp up, you will start to experience it without distortion. Trust me, it's a nightmare if you wanna gig!