i'm looking into getting another tone factory to go with my roadking, a few amps have caught my eye. in particular the vht's

anyone played them? what's you're opinion?

it's either that or a buddah, just for something different
thanks
Ibanez RGR08LTD
Spear Gladius [with BKP Nailbombs] (soon)

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
i love the tone of VHT's, they are quality amps.
Which one were you looking at?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
the sigx looks good, even tho its not out yet i dont think. or maby the 50/cl
i'm not sure really, maby somhing a bit different in sound to my mesa. with el34/84's probably.
Ibanez RGR08LTD

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
The Ultra Lead just oozes tone out of speakers.... the thing is incredible.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The Ultra Lead just oozes tone out of speakers.... the thing is incredible.

I'll definatly consider that
Ibanez RGR08LTD

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
Want a great amp? Go for a Two-Rock.

By the way, just in case it's absolute crap for metal send it to me.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jul 24, 2008,
Quote by Brendan.Clace
http://www.netmusicians.org/?section=id&value=1515

Link for the Ultra Lead

That clip there man.....uber sexx

i like it =]
i'll go to the dealer and try one out with my keeley tubescreamer in front of it and we'll see. i can't wait now, exept for the long train journey...
Ibanez RGR08LTD

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
they're nice, but at that kind of money you have an absolute ton of options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Which is why he should buy a two rock. Then send it to me if it's not good enough.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I LOVE the sound of a VHT. I must confess they are very stiff and unforgiving though. They certainly are not friendly to sloppy plays, but if a tight sound is your thing, a VHT is an excellent choice.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^Which is why he should buy a two rock. Then send it to me if it's not good enough.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TNfootballfan62

i'll consider it....
Ibanez RGR08LTD

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
Quote by Bloodshed
I LOVE the sound of a VHT. I must confess they are very stiff and unforgiving though. They certainly are not friendly to sloppy plays, but if a tight sound is your thing, a VHT is an excellent choice.

+1
The Pittbull is like a 5150/6505 on mega-steroids, sort of like a Soldano SLO 100.
VHT doesn't make cheap products. Everything I've seen from VHT reeks of quality.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
should be right down my ally then, i think it will be worth the trip to the dealer. thanks guys
Ibanez RGR08LTD

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
Quote by _xo_
i'll consider it....

http://two-rock.com/products/customreverb.html

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by schecter ftw
So are the cleans bad??

Who cares? I don't play cleans, except when I'm stuck w/ my POS $35 ebay acoustic !

Actually, I never tried the cleans on the Pittbull, to be honest, but like an SLO, you don't buy a Pittbull for cleans. I tried a Deliverance for a few minutes once, but I didn't try the cleans there either. Sorry...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by Horlicks
Damn, that sounds terrible.

The leads sound a little out, but the rhythm sounds SICK
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
The VHT Pittbull 50CL I played was really nice. Cleans are kinda Voxy, and break up if you push the gain above like 3 (same happens to my Mesa, but that's really normal for high gain amps). Granted, i played it with an EMG loaded Schecter Hellraiser 7, but they still sounded great. The distortion on it was really top notch, sounded really tight while being loose enough for leads. Even scooping out EVERY mid, the thing held a lot of clarity. I'd gun for the larger watt 100CL, or the Ultra Lead, because of the higher headroom. The ultra lead supposedly has really amazing cleans, so try for that if you DO use cleans.
I feel like this might be pertinant to the cause

Inside a VHT Deliverance.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by _xo_
the sigx looks good, even tho its not out yet i dont think. or maby the 50/cl
i'm not sure really, maby somhing a bit different in sound to my mesa. with el34/84's probably.

Sig X is out already, but the general consensus is that it's like a cross between a UL and a Deliverance but it doesn't do either tone as well as the original.
NOOO! The pic wont work
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by schecter ftw
So are the cleans bad??

far nicer than a 5150. i doubt the fender twin brigade will be trading in their combos for a vht any time soon, but the VHT cleans are certainly in the "good for a high gainer" category if you ask me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Want a great amp? Go for a Two-Rock.

By the way, just in case it's absolute crap for metal send it to me.

holy ****! I looked at the Overdrive Sig. That price is hysterical! that thing better sound like the way Scarlett Johansen looks
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
^

Why do you think I spend all my time trying to con people into giving me one?

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
It depends whether you like their dry tone. I tried a Pitbull UL before and I didn't care for the dryness much though it had great definition and bass. Preference, just like everything else.