what is the difference between a begineer or advanced solo or song? can you give me examples?
Speed, order or notes with speeds applyed, technique e.g Sweep etc, notation, feel, timing, pulling it off clean, scale patterns.

Yeahh bad grammar.

Example: Listen to things like muse and stuff then listen to megadeth, dream theater, Vai and death metal.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Last edited by thepatient001 at Jul 24, 2008,
speed, difficulty of techniques used, complexity of the arrangement, rhythms, and generally the fact that some solos are on extremely high frets and some people have big hands =P (like me)
Well, A beginner song/solo is simpeler because mostly it has less notes than the advaced thing. And speed is a factor. Positoin over the neck. Different techniques like pinch harmonics etc etc. get me?
...........its people like you

easy solo - smells like teen spirit
advanced solo - crazy train, freebird, nottingham lace, the final countdown, one, eruption, etc....

easy - not as fast and not as many notes, plus less theory behind it
advanced - total opposite
Easy - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
Hard - Fermented Offal Discharge (Necrophagist)

Analyze those two songs and you'll see the difference.
speed and tecquneques(haha i totally need spelling lessons)
like,take Avenged Sevenfold and Paramore
Avenged is going to be harder to learn coz Syn uses sweep picking a lot and its really fast.
Paramores easier because its slower and,well Josh dosent use any tequneques but basic picking.
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
it's the technique it's not the speed (tapping etc)

than again what makes a solo hard to play is understand what's the solo really about... for example... john frusciante's solos aint that fast... he doesnt use such techniques as tapping that much.... however i find those solos quite hard... and i mean like HARD you know... it's like becoming one with the song (kinda easier after a few beers tho)
and this is all up to you.. the way of interpretation...

EDIT dammit everybody says SPEED... keep in mind... it's not the speed
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I say it depends on speed and where the notes are EG: a 1 fret strech is easy a 23 fret is not or if u have a run that changes positions every string.
Easy: Master of puppets(James solo)
Hard: no boundaries- Micheal Angelo batio
Easy: Hells Bells by AC/DC
OMGUBERHAX: Some **** by Necrophagist, or playing Dragonforce perfectly.
Quote by emily92
what is the difference between a begineer or advanced solo or song? can you give me examples?

A guitarist is an artist just like a painter. You can paint with 16 colors and produce a nice picture but if you paint with 64 colors you can produce a lifelike picture.

Same with music, how big is your palette?
Quote by PanHead
A guitarist is an artist just like a painter. You can paint with 16 colors and produce a nice picture but if you paint with 64 colors you can produce a lifelike picture.

^^This man. He is a very wise man.
I think it's playing what you aren't used to. Rock guitarists may find it hard to play a full song with fingerpicking, and it may take ages for a fingerpicker to grasp the concept of alternate picking.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by PanHead

Ah, but the Artist with 16 colours can produce a masterpice with the right mindset and influences wheras an artist with 46 colours could make an absoloute failiure.

Its not how many notes you can play but how you use them.
Plus the opinion of one is not necsaserilly the same as another's.

MINDBLOWING
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
Quote by Tokai ALS-48
Ah, but the Artist with 16 colours can produce a masterpice with the right mindset and influences wheras an artist with 46 colours could make an absoloute failiure.

Its not how many notes you can play but how you use them.
Plus the opinion of one is not necsaserilly the same as another's.

MINDBLOWING

How true. I can play a whole song, solos and all, with 1 chord.

This would be an interesting subject. Suppose you have two songs, a simple well composed song with 3 chords and a well composed song with 7 chords.

Have people listen to 'em and ask them which would they like to listen again.

I would think the one with 7 chords because it has more "colors" in it.
True but it does depend. The one with 3 chords will have a simple rythmn and will be quite hard hitting wheras the other more melodic, it depend on the persons taste if they are both equally well composed.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
Quote by Tokai ALS-48
True but it does depend. The one with 3 chords will have a simple rythmn and will be quite hard hitting wheras the other more melodic, it depend on the persons taste if they are both equally well composed.

Right and don't forget that 80% of the music out there are 3 chord pieces. I know loads of 'em and when I do a song that has several chords it's an in depth study of it.

Think Randy Rhodes for one.
it's the player
It's What I Got:
1983 Ricky 4003 (White)
1990s Ibanez Prestige Sr3006E
1988 Stingray 4

Trace Elliot GP12 SMX-300
Warwick Pro 411