so i have come up with a little extra money, and i was thinking of getting my own custom. it is going to be full-on custom (custom body shape, custom headstock shape, etc.). i cannot make the guitar myself because i have no experience with that sort of thing whatsoever, i am not a qualified guitar luthier. i have not decided wether or not the guitar will be a seven- string or eight- string model. i have an edge lo=pro seven string from my Ibanez UV777, so please do not post that it has been discontinued.
here is what i was thinking of for the 7-string:

scale: 25.5"
construction: neck-through
body material: mahagony
body shape: custom (see Moser SRi)
body finish: dark gray
bridge system: edge lo-pro 7-string (supplied)
bridge pickup: dimarzio X2N 7
neck pickup: dimarzio air norton 7
controls: master volume, bridge tone, neck tone, 3-way pickup toggle switch, EMG-AB, EMG- SPC
fingerboard: ebony
frets: 24
fret size: medium
inlays: abalone oval (see Ibanez E-GEN Herman Li signature model)
neck finish: match body finish
nut: 43mm locking
headstock shape: custom
tuning machines: steinberger gearless

and heres for the 8-string:

scale: 27"baritone (for the low b-string)
construction: neck-through
body shape: iceman w/ deepest possible cutaway
body material: mahagony
body finish: white
bridge system: kahler hybrid 7300 8-string tremolo
bridge pickup: EMG 808
neck pickup: EMG 808
controls: master volume, bridge tone, neck tone, 3-way pickup toggle switch, EMG AB, EMG SPC
fingerboard: ebony
frets: 24
fret size: medium
inlays: abalone oval (as above)
neck finish: white
nut: 43mm locking
headstock shape: enlarged 8-in-a-line pointed (ibanez shaped)
tuning machines: steinberger gearless

depending on their price, i may even buy both models. for the 7 string model, i am likely to use the ESP custom shop, but i am not sure which shop im going to use for the 8-string model. lemme know if youve heard of any good custom shops. i was thinking of moser, but ive heard they make terrible necks.
gimme some feedback. thank you.
esp has some BEAUTIFUL custom shop guitars in their gallery, you can go check them out at http://www.espguitars.com/customshop_gallery.html and they also have an online customer quote to find out how much you'll pay.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
ESP is expensive as hell. Warmoth is absolutely amazing, but they dont make set-necks, so you have to decide if a set neck is worth the tons of extra money you'd be spending at ESP
how much is the ibanez custom shop stuff?
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
I can't find an Ibanez Custom shop
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by heroics0ld1er
27"baritone (for the low b-string)...
Does this imply that the lowest string on said 8-string baritone is going to be a low-B?

If so what are you going to do on the high side?

Quote by oneblackened
I can't find an Ibanez Custom shop
Last I was aware Ibanez does not offer custom work at this time.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
The Ibanez custom shop is not open to the public, endorsees only.

and by the way you say you cant build it yourself because you have no experience with it, but neither do a lot of us who have made first builds that turned out alright.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
and by the way you say you cant build it yourself because you have no experience with it, but neither do a lot of us who have made first builds that turned out alright.

Yep, hit it on the head there.

I've seen some amazing things from the guys on this forum - the seasoned luthiers are consistently impressive, and 99% of the first-time builders produce guitars that are far beyond the quality you'd expect from a beginner.

As long as you plan things properly, are patient, and take your time, you should be okay. And, it's a great learning experience.

I've almost finished my first build, and I've planned my second. Sure, my build isn't perfect, but it's going to be playable and sounds great.

Give it a try!
Quote by -MintSauce-
Man, find yourself a luthier in the USA, or somewhere close. You could get the same guitars for 1/3 of the price.

actually i live in hawaii, so there are no luthiers here that i know of. and as i have stated before (unclearly), money is not much of an issue
alright, some of you have been saying that alot of guitarists with no experience in guitar building have had their first build come out alright and that i should try it myself. i have thought of this, and i know how to get some of the parts neccessary, but some i do not. for instance, the body/ neck/ headstock. as i have said before, i live in hawaii, and i do not know of any lumber parks here. and even if i did, i have absolutely no idea how to cut and shape a body. i also have no idea how to finish the body. i could probably get my hands on the paint, but id probly end up having a professional do it for me, if i could find one. there are even more problems, such as frets, inlays, pickup installation, tuner installation, etc. if i could find any help here though, thatd be great.
thanks alot
and to clear things up, ibanez does not offer a public custom shop, only for endorses (e.g., steve vai, herman li, etc.)
well, i have decided that i am going to try to get both models. later on down the line, i am also going to be looking at an 8-string fixed bridge guitar.
Quote by jm1681
Does this imply that the lowest string on said 8-string baritone is going to be a low-B?

If so what are you going to do on the high side?

Last I was aware Ibanez does not offer custom work at this time.

sorry, that was a typo, i am actually going to tune it (low to high) F#,B,E,A,D,G,B,E

Yep, hit it on the head there.

I've seen some amazing things from the guys on this forum - the seasoned luthiers are consistently impressive, and 99% of the first-time builders produce guitars that are far beyond the quality you'd expect from a beginner.

Yeah, I myself am a beginner.
Most unfortunately, My first two have sucked.
I know it is mostly stupidity for not researching first. (Clue: do NOT attempt to make one out of PLYWOOD!) Of course, all of our tools are faulty.

Watch my work!
This third one Will be PERFECT!!
(It is going to look like an axe!)