Poll: Which amp rocks harder?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp rocks harder?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
13 54%
Roland Cube 30X
11 46%
Voters: 24.
I am choosing a new practice amp. I'm gonna use it to play metal and Guns 'N Roses type stuff. I want it to have good tone and lots of quality effects. The distortion channel has to be good. These are just two of my choices and I want to know which one is better for me:

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

Roland Cube 30X

Please help me make an educated decision and vote for your favorite. Thanks a lot.
mesa boogie...oh the cube.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
The cube is a far better amp than the Vox in my opinion. The cube has much better high gain sounds and isn't as muddy as the Vox.
The Vox hands down. I mean all of the vox's presets sound amazing, but I do agree that it's cleans sound way better than it's high gain stuff. But overall it's a great buy.
The last Cube I saw had little remote control over effects and they were of the either/or mode meaning if you set the knob for one effect type you could remotely turn it on or off but not select another. Can anyone verify this as it's not much use having multiple effects if they can't be accessed easily.

BTW, you should've seen the OLD '80s Cubes, man were they nice, no effect except reverb but lots of tone and good overdrive too especially the Cube 60 which I used for about a year.
Moving on.....
the cube is a lot more harsh and sterile sounding than the vox imo, but a lot of people seem to be unable to dial in a good hi-gain tone with the valvetronix and therefore prefer the cube.

the only issue i have with the vox is that the AD50VT has bass overkill. but the vox is also a gig-worthy amp despite being labelled a practice amp, whereas the cubes seem to crap out in a similar fashion to the line 6 spider at high volume, imo. So i'd say it depends on what you want to use it for.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
the cube is a lot more harsh and sterile sounding than the vox imo, but a lot of people seem to be unable to dial in a good hi-gain tone with the valvetronix and therefore prefer the cube.

the only issue i have with the vox is that the AD50VT has bass overkill. but the vox is also a gig-worthy amp despite being labelled a practice amp, whereas the cubes seem to crap out in a similar fashion to the line 6 spider at high volume, imo. So i'd say it depends on what you want to use it for.

listen to this man
Quote by Blompcube

listen to this guy.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Blompcube

listen to this fella.