Page 1 of 4
Strange topic, I know that.

I came on the topic because I remeber being on a punk festival (I mean a real one, not warped tour or metalcore festivals), there you see the hardest street or crust punk with a leather jacket and a self painted SS Ultrabrutal back patch, ****ed old jeans and a broken down mohawk, but they always have a mobile phone, it´s a phenomenon.........I was at a school with 1500 pupils and when I left it I think I was the only one without a mobile phone.........

tell me what you think about it
yeah these days, mobile phones are friggen everywhere, i miss the days where people withdrew there lighters in soft ballads, or jump around for crunchy heavy songs

now, its phones they flash around, and instead of jumping they filming, WHY WOULD U SPEND ALL THE TIME AT A GIG FILMING ill be enjoying
I pay 10 bucks a month for a cheap phone. I use it to communicate, and rarely use it more than 5 times a week.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I especially meant the punks thing, I mean you should think they don´t need a mobile phone, but they do

Quote by axeslash
I pay 10 bucks a month for a cheap phone. I use it to communicate, and rarely use it more than 5 times a week.

Of course that´s ok, no offense against having a cheap phone or such things, I´ll have to get one when I go to university
Yeah, it seems like here every mother****er has an expensive iPod or some fancy phone with them. Like it's okay to fight the system and still own a monument to consumerism.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash

Yeah I think my parents pay like 50-70 bucks a month for me, my brother, my mom, and stepdad.l

so it's like 15$ a person, they use it as a tracking device for the most part for me and my brother.....but when you get the family plans they're relatively cheap + unlimitted texts for when you hate actually staying on the phone and talking (like me ) ... even though texts are annoying as **** too

Quote by axeslash
Yeah, it seems like here every mother****er has an expensive iPod or some fancy phone with them. Like it's okay to fight the system and still own a monument to consumerism.

Ha...I'm semi guilty of both.

My parents got a phone for me that was 50$ with out plan (got it cause it had an MP3 player)
The MP3 player broke on it, I sent it in twice to get fixed, they didn't even ****ing touch it before they gave it back to me.
so I bought a cheap random ipod shuffle for 40$
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Jul 24, 2008,
Quote by Swap-Meet
Yeah I think my parents pay like 50-70 bucks a month for me, my brother, my mom, and stepdad.l

so it's like 15$ a person, they use it as a tracking device for the most part for me and my brother.....but when you get the family plans they're relatively cheap + unlimitted texts for when you hate actually staying on the phone and talking (like me ) ... even though texts are annoying as **** too

Yesterday I had to write the first SMS in my life
Quote by lavazza
Yesterday I had to write the first SMS in my life

Ha, when you get used to it it does get less annoying, but the only reason why I use it, is cause I hate going through all the ****ing "hey what's up?" and the "YO DAWG WHERE U BE AT GEE?" :p
This way I can just skip to the "meat me here" ...
I don't even know what a SMS is. What the hell is it?
I have never and will never text message.
I think it's funnier in the rap and hip hop scene. I was sitting outside of a show at my school with a friend while she checked ids. I don't think I've ever seen more pre-ripped jeans and top of the line personal electronic devices and designer labels in one place.

I don't see any weirdness in punks owning cell phones. They're much cheaper now than when they first came out and only yuppies could afford them. Same thing happened with computers, color tvs and calculators. It was bound to happen sometime.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by axeslash
I have never and will never text message.

I felt the same way at first, but I really hate talking on the phone, so I decided to just text...it's so much quicker.

Quote by DanRev
Whats wrong with mobile phones?

They're good for phoning people.

no one said anything was wrong with them, but some people feel it's hypocritical to be saying **** like "**** the system" when you're paying for cell phone bills..

Quote by CowsWithGuns
I think it's funnier in the rap and hip hop scene. I was sitting outside of a show at my school with a friend while she checked ids. I don't think I've ever seen more pre-ripped jeans and top of the line personal electronic devices and designer labels in one place.

I don't see any weirdness in punks owning cell phones. They're much cheaper now than when they first came out and only yuppies could afford them. Same thing happened with computers, color tvs and calculators. It was bound to happen sometime.

Ha, colour TV's are cheaper cause they have HD TV's now :p
I have a cell phone. It makes a horrible buzzing noise.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I still have calls in my record from last August.

I'm a loser.

My parents only gave me one because so they could contact me to get to my brother when he won't pick up.
Sometimes I don't like having one, I don't like being able to be found all the time and I get people constantly harassing me for shows (at least I did in the states)... I dunno... here in Italy it's cheaper than a landline and SMS (text message) is cheaper than talking on the phone and everyone does pay as you go and when ya pay for it yerself yer gonna wanna do the cheapest thing hence the prevalence of SMS.

Mobile phones are a pretty useful networking tool especially when yer on tour, if you go on tour without a cellphone now yer asking for trouble. If ya talk to people back in the day they'll tell ya about how much money they wasted a payphones trying to get ahold of the guy who put on the show... sucks. Cell phones make that run much smoother and keep ya from getting lost.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
My parents gave me one for communication as well. I have something like 10 texts since 3 years ago.

Also my mom got a 2 gig ipod nano as a gift at work and gave it to me and I'd be heartbroken if I lost it.
I have a cell phone but I barely ever use it. I usually use it when my mom calls me from downstairs because she's doesn't want to walk up the stairs.
Quote by whyvern
)... I dunno... here in Italy .

So I have two questions:

1. Can you speak Italian yet?

2. When can I move into yer Italian Punkhouse?!
I have one. it used to be from my brother 2.5 years ago. I didnt want to spend money on a mobile phone, so he gave me his. I dont understand why people want phones with 1000 options. A friend of mine as one huge nokia with touchscreen, 'keyboard', cam function, internet..I probably wouldnt even use any of those functions; the camera sucks, internet is slow and annoying with the little keyboard and so is the touch screen. that phone had to be fixed a couple of times. mine has fallen so many times of the stairs and it still works I only text with my phone or call people when meeting up with em. i find them annoying to carry around (i dont always have a bag with me).
soymilk please <3
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
So I have two questions:

1. Can you speak Italian yet?

2. When can I move into yer Italian Punkhouse?!

a1) I'm learning right now... I've been doing rosetta stone everyday and have been trying to use it when I'm out riding my bike but it's only been 8 days. a2) I don't think they have punkhouses here but they used to not have them in NYC either but when it's all set up hell yeah come on over!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
/me does not own an iPod, yet owns a cell phone.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
One of my friends has an iPhone and he uses it as a conversation starter with girls.

And somehow it works like a charm.

Of course he is still in HS and the girls he hits on are like sophmore girls who still haven't developed things like personalities or tits (some of 'em have tits, but none of 'em ever say anything interesting) so I guess I'm not too jealous.

Anyway I'm off to the beach...

My parents bought me one of those pay as you go phones a few months ago. I have no idea where it is. I used it maybe once.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
It's useful to have a phone for activism and stuff. I also have lots of friends who don't have phones, and it can be impossible to contact them sometimes.
I got super cheap phone in 9th grade, and because I had the phone so long that when it broke this summer, I got a free upgrade to a $500 phone. I like to think I cheated the system.
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
I got super cheap phone in 9th grade, and because I had the phone so long that when it broke this summer, I got a free upgrade to a $500 phone. I like to think I cheated the system.

Haha the same thing happened to me two months ago! I love those upgrade deals.
Not to mention I love the Juke
DOWN&OUT
Cell phones are so uncomfortable when you they're in your pocket. They shift from side to side so when you walk it feels awkward...

I use mine almost daily to contact friends when I'm not online, or when I need to meet someone. They are your best friend when you get lost.
^I always have mine in my pocket so it feels natural now. I always know when I've dropped it or forgotten it because it feels uncomfortable when it's not there.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I've had my same cell phone for 3 years. Its been in the pool, buried in sand and left in flower gardens when court people say "hey you! you cant bring that in here!". Its pretty ****in durable. I like it.

No iPod for me. I have this 20 dollar 2gb Mp3 thingy.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by hug a llama
Cell phones are so uncomfortable when you they're in your pocket. They shift from side to side so when you walk it feels awkward...

Then clearly your pants aren't tight enough!
DOWN&OUT
Page 1 of 4