Does the Laney VH100R head have enough gain for metal, think Meshuggah, Architects, Sikth, Dream Theater, etc. I will most likely be using it with a Marshal MC 2x12 cab and a THD Hotplate

Cheers guys,

Mavis
The Laney's got plentyful gain, but its a VERY bright amp so you'll probably benefit from some sort of darker voiced overdrive/cab =]
Yes, it has enough gain but as Pablo said its very bright. If you dont want to change cabs another solution would be an eq petal.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
probably. it will depend on personal preference, your guitar, etc. etc. as said, i seem to remember its being quite bright. are you in the UK? if not, there might be better-value options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ask Opeth. They will tell you.

listen to them if you don't already. They use them.

I love mine although as stated above its very brightly voiced so your not going to get exactly Petruccis tone and you don't have an 8 string so its not going to sound quite like Meshuggah but it does have more than enough gain and the cleans are awsome. Its good for classic rock, and even crunchy stuff too. Its an all around great amp.
Sig What?