My guitarist has a problem, that when he plays he always makes this weird clicking noise. Me(the vocalist) and my other guitarist keep telling him about it, but hes in some weird state of denial where he always says its the palm muting. We think its because when we picks the string he does it backwords, his downstrokes are upstrokes and his upstrokes are down strokes. We believe that his picking style causes him to hit the strings and make the annoying click. If anyone knows if that is the reason and if you have any suggestions on what to do it would be very appreciated. thx

sorry if this is wrong thread.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
His downstrokes are upstrokes and his upstrokes are downstrokes? Sorry, I dunno what other people will have to say, but you might need to explain that a little further.
How can his downstrokes be up strokes and his upstrokes be downstrokes...? Surely that means you could just say his downstrokes = downstrokes and his upstrokes = upstrokes... as they're essentially the EXACT SAME THING but picked in a different direction...

All guitars make a clicking noise when you use a plectrum, just when you play at louder volumes you won't hear that clicking noise.
Picking too hard?
Too much Treble?
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
the clicking will be the pick
just crank the amps up
i find that always works
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Does he have an analogue watch which is ticking through the pickup? Perhaps the guitar isn't grounded properly...
Quote by CrazyDavey
How can his downstrokes be up strokes and his upstrokes be downstrokes...? Surely that means you could just say his downstrokes = downstrokes and his upstrokes = upstrokes... as they're essentially the EXACT SAME THING but picked in a different direction...

All guitars make a clicking noise when you use a plectrum, just when you play at louder volumes you won't hear that clicking noise.

His picking is completely backwords from what most people would do. for example, if he was playing a D chord he'd start on the high E and strum up across the bridge to the D string. Instead of From the D down to E.

its not the treble either, since for his guitar he actually shut off the Top pick up and he turns it down on his pedal too.

We have all played on his guitar, he is the only one that gets the click. its gets worse with higher volume too.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
then tell him to try picking the other direction and if you can still hear the sound...then i have no clue
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs