Hey,

I'm about to buy a new guitar in the price range of 200€ to 250€ (or a bit more ^^)
I already have a Epiphone LP Special Model (or something like that ^^), so it should be better than that

Any Suggestions?

Greetings,
Alfafish
250 euros? That's... 390 canadian? Something like that.

What are you looking to play? What amp do you have?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Yeah you're looking to pretty much another guitar more than an upgrade.

Yesterday I received a beautiful guitar, the Agile AL-3100 in white. It's $380 and I find it even more comfortable and better sounding (acoustic-wise) than a Gibson LP. I'm planning to change pickups to Seymour Duncans, and by then I bet it'll kick any Gibson's ass.

You live in Europe, though, so www.rondomusic.com won't be that much of a help, being that that's the only place these guitars are sold. Then the usual questions of "what do you play" etc have to be asked for a recommendation

E: Also, your LP is pretty much bottom of the barrely Epiphone Les Paul. Not to be criticizing you, but you could pretty much do better with anything above $300 (sorry, I don't know much about your currency)
what country are you in? (affects prices)

as colgate says, what's your amp and music taste?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I live in Germany.
My music taste: Rock, Metal
My amp: My own one is very very old and nearly broken, it's a 'Monacor GA - 300'.
When I play with my band (we play in our school) I am allowed to use their amp, but I don't know which one it is ^^
Check out reviews on the Yamaha Pacifica 112v. I have one and it's great.
Great value for money.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by Brian_C
Check out reviews on the Yamaha Pacifica 112v. I have one and it's great.
Great value for money.

yeah, that'd be my choice. maybe even a 412 if the budget will stretch to it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i dunno, will 200 euro get you any better than what you already have? i'm not certain, but i doubt it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
epi sg and marshall amp
great combo^_^
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Quote by ParamoreMadXD
epi sg and marshall amp
great combo^_^

how exactly is he going to get a marshall amp with 300euros???

try some lower levels hard-tail ibanez, like the rg321 (might be a bit above)
He coud get a crap Marshall, or a Micro cube which will be about 100 euros and an Epiphone SG.

i would recommend www.Andertons.co.uk
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Alfafish
And if I raise my limit up to 300€?^^

even still, the epiphone les paul standards are about £300 here.. that's closer to 400 euro.

and with 400 euro, you could probably get a yamaha pacifica 412, and probably aren't that far off a 612.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The 300€ are only for the guitar.
A Les Paul Standard would cost too much, so what about an Epiphone Les Paul Studio?
I still have some money left when i pay 300€ for a guitar to spend for an amp.
i haven't tried the studio, unfortunately. can't help you there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Good guitars, clean sound for the price
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i haven't tried it, but i think the special II is a beginner guitar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's true ^^
And i don't want to buy another beginner guitar, so i would like to know how much better the LP Studio is.
Quote by alexdoabismo
how exactly is he going to get a marshall amp with 300euros???

try some lower levels hard-tail ibanez, like the rg321 (might be a bit above)

easily...you cn get VERY good marshall 50 watt amps for £ 200 or so so im guessing you can get a decent marshall for under 300
always remember, a great amp can make a ****y guitar sound good but a great guitar will never make a ****y amp any better.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
^ that's what i thought. MGs are trash, and AVTs are only marginally better. Those are the only 50 watt marshalls under £200, as far as I'm aware (unless you get like the best deal ever second-hand).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried it, but i think the special II is a beginner guitar.

I've played it. It's definitely a beginner guitar. The neck is extremely thick and the guitar looks pretty ugly.

Threadstarter, seriously, if you're only spending 300euros, look for a second hand guitar. Wait for a good deal to come by if you can but always be on the lookout. Eventually you'll find an awesome deal.