███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Unlucky.

How the hell would they...police that. Anyone with a big fringe and tight jeans is arrested?

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
WTF? What are they going to do about it? Will the militia start hunting down emo-looking people on the streets?

I'm pretty sure that's against human rights.

But as always, every public dissident will be shot.

If only this were global law

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
That's actually really funny. Hopefully the rest of the world will follow suit.

This sentence from the article made me laugh: "However, emo critics remain unconvinced."
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']WTF? What are they going to do about it? Will the militia start hunting down emo-looking people on the streets?

I'm pretty sure its Russia, so Human Rights are against you.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']WTF? What are they going to do about it? Will the militia start hunting down emo-looking people on the streets?

im pretty sure that would be ****ing awesome!!!1

in soviet russia, suicide commits you!!!!

but seriously i dont support that, i dont support any violation of free expressions even if it is [gag!] emo. because they might ban metal next and russian metal bands would be badass.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
emo's shouldn't disgrace the good name of russia
Sig space available, give me some praise
they've had it too good for too long. good job Russia
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
This is just so... 80's. I mean it's stupid beyond comprehension. I'm not emo, never was, can't stand the music and have never liked the ones I met, and I'm still ****ing pissed madly at this bull****! The intelligence here is at level with Springfield, for christ's sake...
haha thats funny.

can we send mcr to russia then??? :p

we need this, and maybe the same doing to chavs.

god bless russia. haha
bout time
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by StonaLemons
If you read the article it says to be banned in schools and government buildings...

well thats only the start....

remember russia could soon go back to soviet/communist times, then thats where its def even more downhill for emo
That's pretty stupid and takes stereotyping to a scary level. Would be like banning people who dress 'gangster' because they are linked with violence.
Wow... Where's Stalin when you want him!? He knew how to enforce things lol
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I don't see how it's funny. Anyone who looks remotely 'alternative' will probably get bollocked. Even if they don't approve of or follow these trends.

It's pointless.

EDIT: Nice to know that some tart on the NME website has priorities set better. Why not focus on 'chavs'. Not that her point about how emos are only harming themselves was very clever. Yes EVERYONE who is 'emo' or 'goth' cut themselves. Oh wait no, sorry I forgot that that is complete and utter bull.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Jul 24, 2008,
You know I'm surprised, some people are sort of defending the whole "expression" thing right now. So lets put it in a different perspective:
Worldwide Ban on Chavs.

Now how do you feel about that?

EDIT:
Quote by Cross fire~
That's pretty stupid and takes stereotyping to a scary level. Would be like banning people who dress 'gangster' because they are linked with violence.

They do that already.
Quote by Cross fire~

yeh but people who dress gangsta are linked with violence, look at all the people who have commited the stabbings in the uk. all of them are chavs or wannabe gangsta's

But as always, every public dissident will be shot.

who said emos were humans?
Quote by blynd_snyper
I dislike emos as much as the next guy, but when a government trys to ban a style, a trend and a genre of music then it's time to overthrow it.

I'd love to see a Russian Emo Civil War
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by The Silent Fool
You know I'm surprised, some people are sort of defending the whole "expression" thing right now. So lets put it in a different perspective:
Worldwide Ban on Chavs.

Now how do you feel about that?

Are you serious? You're actually surprised that people are defending freedom of expression?

The point is that everyone should be able to dress however they like and listen to whatever music they like.
It's funny, but definitely something that should never come to pass.

Banning something like this only gives the government more power, and it may lead to an even greater abuse of authority.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Are you serious? You're actually surprised that people are defending freedom of expression?

The point is that everyone should be able to dress however they like and listen to whatever music they like.

I'm not surprised people are defending freedom of expression, but the fact that it was brought up amongst the banning of emos, the second most annoying subculture (if it even counts as one) ever to be spawned from the depths of hell, is surprising.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I dislike emos as much as the next guy, but when a government trys to ban a style, a trend and a genre of music then it's time to overthrow it.

This. Especially on one which isn't really that bad. Sure scene kids are usually annoying, and you can (very rarely) get some who self harm, but ****, i know people who have never even listened to a remotely 'emo' song and used to self harm.
Page 1 of 2