I'm in the market for a new pedal, but I'm not realy sure what would be best for the sound I'm going for...
I play an Epi LP through my Peavey Valveking 112
I can get great tones when I'm playing punk and just general rock type stuff, but the amp just doesn't have enough gain metal-ish stuff, I'm trying to get a nice A7X/Bullet 4 my valentine sound,
So I thought I might need to get and OD pedal or somthing, but I don't realy know much about pedals, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

oh yeh...my budget is between $50-100, I can go higher if needed, but I don't realy want to spend much more that 100
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
ibanez tubescreamer
digitech bad monkey
MiAudio crunchbox
MXR boost

all stuff to look at

also: you can get more gain from an EQ pedal, as well as tayloring your tone
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
So what would work better for me, and OD, or an EQ?...or both?
any suggestiongs on good EQ pedals?
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
a tube screamer, bad monkey, but to me a eq pedal would help alot...... the vk seems to have enuff gain on tap.
Yeah your using a VK so gain isnt an issue.

How much money you got? that will dramatically change the quaity of EQ u get.
Quote by HLrocker
So what would work better for me, and OD, or an EQ?...or both?
any suggestiongs on good EQ pedals?

MXR 6 band has 18db boost. thats some proper gain added to your sound there

the 10 band only has 12, but thats still plenty and both will improve your cleans dramatically too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Well I've got plenty to spend, I'd prefer not to go above 100, but I'm willing too if it helps my tone
I was considering the tube screamer already, so since it's got a few suggetions, I'll probably look into getting one of those
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
well if you just want basic EQ pedal with no frills:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DJ14-Fish-and-Chips-7Band-EQ-Pedal?sku=151873&src=3SOSWXXA
It might be plastic, but i used to have one before i just cut EQ from my board all together and it was built like a tank (albeit a plastic one) and works really well

And if you want a boost, thats a lot cheaper than a tubescreamer, that could also be used for medium(ish) OD:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-SUPER-OverDrive-SD1-Pedal?sku=151339

Remember to read through some Harmony-Central reviews and try them out before you buy!
try the pro-co you dirty rat or the metal muff from electro-harmonix both are more than suitable for metal. A big muff should also be good for playing Bullet for my valentine stuff.