I have been trying to decide which guitar to buy. I have been looking at a Gibson Les Paul Classic, a Fender Strat and an Epi Les Paul.

Gear:

Epiphone SG
Marshal MG30fx

I am a really a big [Gibson] Les Paul guy so that is the one I'm leaning towards. Can I get some pros and cons about them all please?? Also, can I get a price for all of them. Thanks a lot.
imo i'd get another amp before buying another guitar. upgrading your MG will have a huge impact on your sound as 99% of UG'ers say the MG series suck.
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
I would go with the Epiphone Les Paul, and that should leave you with more than enough money left over to buy yourself a decent amp, especially if you were leaning towards the Gibson.

I have both a Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul, and although I do love my Gibson, the Epiphone is phenomenal bang for your buck. Definitely worth looking into.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Don't listen to angl2k i have MG series and it does not SUCK lol. i can get a nice tone he is right that a new amp will have a big impact on your sound. Look online for price epi les paul £200-500, fender strats typically 300-couple of thousand. gibson les paul 600-couple of thousand double to convert to dollars if you is from USA. But try them out because its a lot to spend its personal opinion what you like others might not depends on taste, music taste etc
Quote by angl2k
imo i'd get another amp before buying another guitar. upgrading your MG will have a huge impact on your sound as 99% of UG'ers say the MG series suck.

+1 ^^^^^^^

but if you REALLY want a good cheap guitar instead of an amp upgrade get the Epi LP. i have it and its great. cant complain.
Quote by snazzyness
Don't listen to angl2k i have MG series and it does not SUCK lol. i can get a nice tone he is right that a new amp will have a big impact on your sound. Look online for price epi les paul £200-500, fender strats typically 300-couple of thousand. gibson les paul 600-couple of thousand double to convert to dollars if you is from USA. But try them out because its a lot to spend its personal opinion what you like others might not depends on taste, music taste etc

TS don't listen to the first sentence of this guy's post, he is wrong, the MG is one of the worst amps ever.(If he was being serious) I do agree that you should try all three though, but your first priority should be a new amp.
You can't say it sucks why does it suck i get an ace tone probably isn't lound enough for gigs but its a matter of opinion only the dude who asks the question can really say. If you're a metal head you will probably say line 6 or whatever is the best and me personally i think they are really bad. But thats opinion
Besides g man has really expensive gear and you're just starting anyway pretty much