The past few days, my band has been recording in a studio for the first time.

We didn't have to pay anything, because we've been recording at the studio on my college campus, and my friend in the music industry program can book time for free.

Well, as we're all playing, I'll try and make the other band members laugh.

This is worse when I'm sitting around and not playing, because...I dunno, I just have to entertain myself.

I will make faces, make up parodies of the lyrics we're singing, write that certain members of the band are gay and hold it up to the glass for them to look at, or just start thrusting in the air.

How the hell do I stop myself from doing this? Any suggestions? Today is the last day we're recording, so I gotta make sure we get the most out of it.
Rhohipnol? (not sure how to spell that). But seriously just bring a magazine or something, or just leave the room when your not recording.
GET THE HELL OUTTA THE ROOM, sorry but i had a guy who did that to me after i played a near flawless to the point lead part, and he made me laugh, i forced him to buy me a cartoon
he now when not recording is in another room lol
Youre really addicted to doing this? Idk it would seem to me to be easy to just stop doing it but if its that hard then i guess im not sure.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Erm.. Try shutting up, getting a magazine and reading it?

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Go to a studio where you have to pay. Make it your responsibility to pay for any time that gets wasted because of your silliness. That'll work. Guaranteed.

Before you do that, apologize to your bandmates and friends for taking advantage of their good nature and wasting their time. Thank them all for not booting you the f** out.

Aside from that, either get out or make yourself useful somehow, and learn some self control.

Do that before someone in the studio refuses to let you in unless one of your parents comes in with you. Seriously.... if I was the engineer..... I would be considering that as an option for me. The engineer there is trying to get credit for something. I'm sure if he/she wanted a baby-sitting job, they'd have done that long ago.

Even if it was someone in MY studio recording and paying me, I would get to a point where I would ask myself "Is this pain in the arse worth it?" If I'm not totally sure, I would try this gambit:

I give you an ultimatum to either bring one of your parents in next time, or simply GTFO if you can't smarten up. I'll give you your tracks you have recorded so far in return for payment of time spent so far. It'll be up to you to take them to a studio and have them go through the process of importing all the tracks. If I really want to be a bastard, seeing as I have your money and all, and you're not willing to stop being a douche ... I won't bounce your tracks to neat up the edits. What you end up with then is every single take and partial take you ever made.... many of them starting at different points in the song. Good luck sorting through all that. Might as well start again. You want me to give you the project file? Fine. So long as the studio is using Cubase 4. ( if I wanted to be nice, I could at least give you the OMF version of the project file which will get you most of the way home on many other software systems) You want me to neat up the files and export them so they're all nice and neat for the next guy? Fine. I'll pick one of you to stay and we'll do that together. The rest of you can leave. You pay me for the time it takes to do that - probably another hour of studio time.

If you take the hint and smarten up, great. We all win. If you call my bluff, I dump you and send you home with a disk with a gazillion snips of .wav files on it.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Jul 24, 2008,
Quote by Jet_Black88

I will make faces, make up parodies of the lyrics we're singing, write that certain members of the band are gay and hold it up to the glass for them to look at, or just start thrusting in the air.

GROW UP!!!!!

Tony
Quote by axemanchris
Go to a studio where you have to pay. Make it your responsibility to pay for any time that gets wasted because of your silliness. That'll work. Guaranteed.

money = seriousness