I was just trying to transcribe something on gp5 from guitar to banjo and everytime i type fret 5 it comes up with fret 7 being like fret 2 etc. WTF?!?
Banjos are tuned to open G.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Quote by holden93
Banjos are tuned to open G.

but it literally wouldnt let me type in a fret 2 or 4 or 5. It is also blocked out on the fretboard thing.
Quote by tuwyci
but it literally wouldnt let me type in a fret 2 or 4 or 5. It is also blocked out on the fretboard thing.

the 5th string on a banjo starts on the 5th fret. So it has no 2nd 4th or 5th fret. It has open, 6th, 7th etc. I think.
Quote by wokketywok
the 5th string on a banjo starts on the 5th fret. So it has no 2nd 4th or 5th fret. It has open, 6th, 7th etc. I think.

oh okay. someone asked me to give them some tips but it ill need to learn it myself first
Quote by wokketywok

and the fifth thing is actually the first string...kind of

http://www.pulseonline.com/Alvarez/bigB1.jpg <- the one on the right

in my set of strings its the same gauge as the top string...which makes sense as its tuned the same (5th fret on the top string = the open 5th string)
Standard tuning on a banjo is different to a standard tuning on guitar, so therefore it will transpose to different frets on the banjo to get the same note.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN