Page 1 of 2
Funny story really, I work in a garage/supermarket and a couple of weeks ago somebody turned up asking us to put out some leaflets about skydiving by the counter. Rather pointlessly (mostly old people shop with us) we put them up. But then I began thinking how AWESOME it would be to actually go and do it.

Then yesterday, when I came into work, I was asked at point-blank by a friend who works there, if I wanted to skydive for charity because two other people from work are up for it.

I dunno what to do. I know I'd be ****-scared, but it would be such an amazing experience. I'm only 17, but my parents seem to be cool with it (it's supposadly safe - right?) so I'm seriously considering it. At the place I'd do it, they'd even have someone filming/taking pictures all the way down.

And man... if anything did go wrong... what a way to go

I guess the main worry for me is, the first time I flew was 3 weeks ago (I thought it was great, mind) but I'm not to sure how I handle great heights.

What do I do Pit?
Just do it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Just do it.

+3

EDIT:
Quote by Tomaz24
(it's supposadly safe - right?)

Nah, they just shove you out the plane, and you have to flap your arms to stay alive
sure just make sure you dont get a parachute bag full of silverware
my hovercraft is full of eels
there's always indoor skydiving
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by blynd_snyper
It's for charity. Do it. Not only do you get to have a great time, do something not many people have done and have a great story to tell, but you're raising money for what might be a good cause (what charity is it?).

this.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by sam b
+3

EDIT:

Nah, they just shove you out the plane, and you have to flap your arms to stay alive

I heard they give you an umbrella.

And yeah, go for it, I wouldn't because I'd be too scared but i think you should do it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by sam b

LMAO
Do it! and put pics up on UG after =]

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Do It....
Vivamus mea Lesbia, atque amemus,
rumoresque senum seueriorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!
DO IT.

If it really wasn't that safe then why would people keep doing it? (don't actually answer that)
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
My friend went skydiving and had the brilliant idea of doing it in India.

He pulled the cord, his parachute fucked off, and his instructor caught him in mid-air.
Sounds like a hell of an experience, it would probably be hard to jump out of a plane but amazing once you were out there, I suppose i've jumped off the edge of a cliff before and it wasn't that hard, but you would be higher up.
Do it. It's for charity.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by Tomaz24
Funny story really

That story wasn't funny at all. You deceived me, but I forgive you and highly recommend you go through with it. It'll be well worth the experience, well, unless something goes wrong and you die.
Quote by Malakian88

He pulled the cord, his parachute fucked off, and his instructor caught him in mid-air.

err what's wrong with india?
Sounds good.

Just don't lie about your weight!

I heard a story about a place that does skydiving in Australia or New Zealand, and for an extra buzz when they count you down and you start leaning over the edge someone runs towards you with one end of a rope shouting "Not Yet!"
Hell yeah! If you don't, I'll do it
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Tedrick

I hope this doesn't get me another warning.. So no offence, just thought of the old "do it faggot" meme when I saw your post

You should definitely go for it. I'd love to go skydiving some day
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Do it, if you dare. Leaping from the sky, hurling through the air... exhilirating high.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
I've done it multiple times; There really is hardly any risk involved, they train you and train you until it's nearly impossible to think about anything else. Your first jump or two is commonly done in tandem with an instructor, after that you can attempt a solo jump.

It truly is an unforgettable experience, definitely go for it if you ever get the chance.
Alrighty then. I'm gonna do it.

I'll post pics when I've done it. And for those asking, I haven't yet decided which charity I'd go for, we each get to pick our own, so I'll have to give it a think.

Edit - Oh, and if I do die, I hold every single one of you responsible. But don't worry, I'm sure the guilt will spread out so evenly amungst you all, it won't bother any of you at all.
Last edited by Tomaz24 at Jul 24, 2008,
Quote by Tomaz24

Will post pics when I've done it.

good man

I wana do it, it will be scary at first. But after that. Must be amazing
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by Malakian88

I don't believe that.

Once the instructor would pull the cord and slow down the inertia of your buddy would have pulled him out of the instructors arms.

When you are old, you will regret the things that you did not do more than those you did.
Yeah, do it.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Tomaz24

I'll post pics when I've done it. And for those asking, I haven't yet decided which charity I'd go for, we each get to pick our own, so I'll have to give it a think.

Edit - Oh, and if I do die, I hold every single one of you responsible. But don't worry, I'm sure the guilt will spread out so evenly amungst you all, it won't bother any of you at all.

If your chute don't open - send it back to the factory. ANd when you hit the ground hug it. It's the bounce that kills you.
DO IT
Real men jump.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by master
I don't believe that.

Once the instructor would pull the cord and slow down the inertia of your buddy would have pulled him out of the instructors arms.

Not true. There are several ways of getting round that. If you lock your arms through the other persons straps, you stay attached. Dislocates your arms, but worth it to stay alive.

And skydiving is amazing. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Do it
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Page 1 of 2