when I plug my guitar into my amp and everything is on I don't hear anything out of the amp I know it's nor my guitar that's broken cause it worked on my friends amp so if it is my amp wat can I don't have the extra money to buy a new one
Make sure all your instrument cables, power cables, etc. are fully plugged in. Make sure all your pots are turned up on your guitar and amp. That includes EQ pots. Have any pedals? If so, go straight to your amp and see if that works.

EDIT: If none of that works, try to determine whether or not it's your cable. Maybe try a different cable, or if your cable comes apart at the ends, you can check the connections.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
tried it all..................... Nothing oh and btw all I know is it's a yahamna guitar (or however you spell it) and an ibnez amp (again Idk how to spell it spelling is not my strong point)
Well then, it seems you may need to invest in new cables or maybe even check that the electronics on your guitar are alright
So is the amp turning on and just producing no sound? Maybe check your speaker connection.

EDIT: New cables aren't bad, but it may not be that. You should hear some crackling or be able to get some sound by moving it around if it's a cable problem. Can you take your cables apart to check?

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jul 24, 2008,
thinking about it, plug the cables into the amp and touch the end not plugged in and see if makes noise then.

if it does, you might have to check the speaker connections like Kyle said
^If it makes a noise, then the speakers are fine. And it's not TNT.

But if sounds like it's probably a more serious problem with your amp. One that may require a new amp. I'm just trying to go through all the other possibilities first.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
^

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
ummmm lets see when I tapped the chords it made a crakle sound and that came from my amp when everything was full blast there was still no guitar noise and I know the problem isn't my guitar cause it still worked in my friends amp
Hmm. Your amp seems to work, then. How long ago did you play through your friends amp? Check the input jack on your guitar and also try your friend's cable with your stuff.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
i played on his yesterday and it worked fine at his house so I don't have his cable
Well, go to his house again ASAP so you can have some things around that you KNOW work to help isolate the problem. Try your guitar through his cable/amp. If that doesn't work, obviously it's your guitar. If that does work, try your stuff but use his cable. If that doesn't work, then it's the cable. If that does work, then try his guitar and his cable through your amp. If that doesn't work, it's a problem with the amp.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Okay, well that's the cheapest replacement.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86