e--------7-
B-10---8--
G----7----
D

i can play it, but i can't get it to sound right? any ideas or tips, The Sentinel- Judas Priest
dont mind the 10th note, just the 7-8-7
LOL

How to get this 3 string sweep right?
e--------7-
B-10---8--
G----7----
D

There it is for others to understand.
Guitar: Jackson Warrior WRXT + Jackson RRV JS30RR
Amp: B-52 LG-100A Half Stack
Effects: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
I would use finger 1 to barre the 7th fret and finger 2 or 3 to play the 8th fret, second string note.

That way you can "roll" your finger 1 so that it doesn't sound like a chord.

Also, it would be good to use your right hand to mute first the 3rd string and then the 2nd string (after playing the given notes, obviously).

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
I don't really sweep, but i think you would hit the 7 on the G with your index, roll your finger as if hitting the B but use your middle finger to hit that note and continue rolling your index to hit the 7 on the high e
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
i'd use my ring finger for the 10th fret then barre the 7th with my index and hit the 8th with my middle finger.. but that's just me.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
You just use three fingers. Your middle finger, index finger, and your small finger.

Use the pinky for the 10th fret, middle finger for the 8th, and index for the 7th fret on both strings.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
you gotta roll the index so the notes dont ring out, otherwise its just a chord
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Yeah dude...

It's a barre except after you play the note you let go of it.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by SiKh22
roll? meaning like let go of the note after i play it?

I find it's easier to just let go of the note and play the other one.

Okay that sounds stupid, let me try and illustrate it. You don't have to roll where it's not needed.

I'm terrible at paint.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG