After recently yet skeptically picking up my 2nd peavey, and first tube amp, i decided
it was time to devote a forum to the glorious all american US gain monsters made by
peavey.

This forum is for all the metal head peavey players who have something to
share, compare, or declare.

now don't come on here because you have a peavey bandit 1x12 combo and talk about how terrible it is and that we should change our company. because peavey's SS practice
combo's and their 120 Watt all tube heads are like cats and dogs.

So if you play for example a 6505, 6505+, XXX JSX, 5105, 5150II, Valveking (they are medium gain, but still true to the name) and i will include the 5150III even tho EVH split from peavey. Also you more oldschool peavey players with the original peavey's off their Ultra Series, or rockmaster preamps and what not.

But i am dedicating this to people who want to post pictures, settings, tell about what
pedals work best with their amps, ask questions, and lead some of the begining tube
guru's in the right direction.
So have at it, post whatever your heart desires as long as its true to Peavey's name.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Last edited by iheartmy7 at Jul 24, 2008,
But where do you stand on Valvekings?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
How do you feel about the Windsor? I just got one a few weeks ago... It's my first tube amp and first half stack, so I can't help but think its awesome (compared to my old MG30DFX). Although I know alot of people "hate" on it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Heres my rig....

Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Head (Metal)
Peavey Valveking (Sorta Metal)
Put them together in stereo (br00talz)

Clips in profile: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/IbanezPsycho/

Triple stack o death

Full rig shot... Its in the closet to save room and i can shut the door when people are over so there kids dont go messing with stuff..

Homemade channel selector for the Ultra
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 24, 2008,
Wow, now thats one hell of a set up. You run the three heads through your cab, depending on what tone your looking for?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I have a 6505+ and there are a couple pics in my profile but I'm too lazy to post em haha. I just got it a few weeks ago and have yet to get a cab. For all you 5150/6505 owners, are V30s the way to go b/c that's what I'm leaning towards, my other guitarist just got an avatar cab with v30s in it to use with his and it sounds amazing.

Also, what kind of tubes are you using, JJ, Tung Sol?
Quote by tubetime86
Wow, now thats one hell of a set up. You run the three heads through your cab, depending on what tone your looking for?

Would need another cab if i was going to run the Randall as well. I mainly just use it for headphone jack at the moment if i have company over because the spare bedroom is right next to the guitar room. Also if im in a randall mood ill just disconnect the VK and connect up the Randall and jam it. Sooner or later im going to have all three amps going at once though to see what happens.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I thought there was already the Official:

6506/5150
JSX/XXX/Ultra
Valveking
Classic 30

Threads.

I take it this is just Peavey in general?

This one is for high gain amps only...
sorry i did say high gain only, but i also forgot about the valveking, which is great with a boost.
as for the windsor, never played it. but i have heard one modded and that was pretty sick.
and thanks everyone for all the posts already. this thread is looking good :]
Quote by solitaryshell90
I have a 5150, would it go good with a vader cab?

i've never played a vadar cab, but i have heard only good about them. and guessing
by the bands that use them it definately would do a 5150 justice, i want to get a 2x12
vadar sometime soon.
Quote by solitaryshell90
I have a 5150, would it go good with a vader cab?

Yes.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
IbanezPsycho...
just checked out your sound clips.
sounds pretty sick and oldschool.
you gotta get another cab and run that randall in there too.
Quote by iheartmy7
IbanezPsycho...
just checked out your sound clips.
sounds pretty sick and oldschool.
you gotta get another cab and run that randall in there too.

Thanks man, im still doing alot of tweaking on it but its really coming together nicely. And yea i need to find me a nice 2x12 soon and see what it all sounds like..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Thanks man, im still doing alot of tweaking on it but its really coming together nicely. And yea i need to find me a nice 2x12 soon and see what it all sounds like..

try something with eminence, the marshall should provide enough high end,
and then a 2x12 with eminence for some good chug.
BTW, how is your ISP Decimator.
im having trouble with getting a good noise gate.
Its great, takes some time getting used to but once you get it were you like it the thing is amazing. And if your not tight on money i would go for the G-string unit, kills everything....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its great, takes some time getting used to but once you get it were you like it the thing is amazing. And if your not tight on money i would go for the G-string unit, kills everything....

nah im very tight on money right now. i just need a noise gate for any practical use.
I want to hump IbanezPsycho's rig... behind the closet door...

I like how it fits so perfectly in the closet.

Here's my own, current Peavey rig:

I have a bunch of pedals that I use with my Epiphone Valve Standard, but when I'm playing around with the Peavey, the most I use is my MXR 10-band EQ in the effects loop. Sadly, I just moved into a single bedroom apartment, so my ability to use this amp has been suddenly cut.

If anyone can recommend a good attenuator to use with this and share any experience with attenuators, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I may end up having to sell this rig.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."