I have a fender twin amp 2x12 and it's 100 watts of all tube. However, when I jam with my friends, it's hard to hear me when the overdrive/distortion is on. If I were to buy a cab, would it be easier to hear me? If so, would a 2x12 cab do or would i need a 4x12? Also, what kind of cab should i get that would go well with my amp?

-Thanks
that does not sound right, you have a 100 watt tube amp and are having trouble being heard when the distortion is on
Agreed. That's weird. I have no problems playing with a band containing another guitarist, bassist and a drummer with vocals and I use a single speaker 50 watt combo.

I suggest, unless someone pinpoints the trouble, that you take it to a shop.
Quote by sHrEdDiNgMDnEsS
I have a fender twin amp 2x12 and it's 100 watts of all tube. However, when I jam with my friends, it's hard to hear me when the overdrive/distortion is on. If I were to buy a cab, would it be easier to hear me? If so, would a 2x12 cab do or would i need a 4x12? Also, what kind of cab should i get that would go well with my amp?

-Thanks

houston..........we have a problem
well i guess like the distortion is just like not as powerful as other amps. it is a fender. would a cab help though?
Jesus Christ you shouldn't need another cab. Something is goofy here. OK, what settings are you using on the amp when you aren't loud enough? Let's start there.