i just got a new ibanez rg series from guitar center and the nut on the out put jack keeps falling off and then the jack becones really losse so can anybody help me? thanks in advance
Take the back plate off, hold the part of the jack that sticks into the body and screw the nut on. Tightening the nut without hold the actual jack in place will do nothing but twist the whole thing and then the wires can get twisted around and can get disconnected.
if you just bought it, take it back.
don't try to fix it yourself if you don't know what you're doing, you'll void the warranty and be stuck with a faulty guitar.
out of curiosity, what model is it?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by zhunt1130
Take the back plate off, hold the part of the jack that sticks into the body and screw the nut on. Tightening the nut without hold the actual jack in place will do nothing but twist the whole thing and then the wires can get twisted around and can get disconnected.

+1

It happens to all guitars from time to time. Easy fix... When I got my first Ibanez I had to literally tighten every screw on it they were all loose due to shipping and so forth.
^ yea it just happens sometimes, I'd wouldn't be surprised if the store laughed at you if you tried to return it for that reason.
Quote by zhunt1130
^ yea it just happens sometimes, I'd wouldn't be surprised if the store laughed at you if you tried to return it for that reason.

Lol yea they would.... I've been in the store when that stuff happens and when the guy leaves its hysterical....
Where's Jenny's picture when you need it?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
lol true but it keeps happening like ill tighten it and as soon as i plug in it becomes loose again
Quote by asilivestanding
lol true but it keeps happening like ill tighten it and as soon as i plug in it becomes loose again

Shouldnt unless your stepping on the cable alot. Try a locking washer and if that doesnt work lock tight that sucker

And its just a guitar dont be scared of it especially not a RG Series its not a $5000 dollar custom... Make it work.......

Edit*** are you actually using tools to tighten it or just your hand.. If its your hand that is your issue. Bust out some pliers and tighten it...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 24, 2008,
Quote by zhunt1130

This. Or you could pull the wires off of the jack inside the guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Where's Jenny's picture when you need it?

hold both ends or ull rip it like said, also like said add a locking washer to end the problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011