Hey UG,

I plan on buying a Washburn X50 as my next guitar since I'm on a budget and it looks damn lush for the money, only prob is that there are no fret markings on the frets, at least not on the surface on the fingerboard. Are unmarked fingerboards particularly hard to get used to? Also are there likely to be markings perhaps on the side of the neck still but just not on the board?

Thanks
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
there is always marking on the side. But its fairly easy to get used to it, it only took me 1 hour
Whaaaat!!!!!!
my guitar is like that. there are no markings on the face of the fretboard, but on the side there are.
This may sound really really dumb but what you could do is use those stickers that go on the holes of your paper when they get ripped or w/e i dont remember what they are called untill you get used to it =]
Quote by Horlicks
Go for the X50 Pro over the X50

I think it was an X50 pro, it's the one with the SD custom custom in the bridge and the '59 in the neck.

is that the pro?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
yeah, there are dots on the side for when you're looking down at the guitar (while standing up). you'll be able to get used to it fairly easily dude...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
sweet as, was hopin it's have the fret markings on the side, that's good enough.

I still get the sexy 'X' marking on the the 12th fret too
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Should be dots on the side of the neck.

Plus, they just look so freakin' cool!
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by Gregoric
sweet as, was hopin it's have the fret markings on the side, that's good enough.

I still get the sexy 'X' marking on the the 12th fret too

Don't think they come with an X nowadays, mine doesn't have one
Quote by Horlicks
Don't think they come with an X nowadays, mine doesn't have one

meh, the pic on GAK has the X, but still, I'm mainly in it for the pickups and the price.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
meh, the pic on GAK has the X, but still, I'm mainly in it for the pickups and the price.

It's a great guitar then. I've had mine for a few months now and it's awesome
Not always true some classical guitars don't even have the fretmarkers on the side, a friend of mine just bought a $2500 Alvarez classical and it had absolutely nothing.
The last guitar I built fir myself I strung it up before I put the dots in and I don't miss them. I don't have them on the sides either.

When I build for someone else I always put them, but I don't miss them.
Lol, on my Ibanez SZR, there's a vine. It took me 3 weeks to realize that the leaves were the fret markings.

Doesn't take long AT ALL to get used to, don't worry. I didn't really need to get used to it.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL