Hey everyone,
I'm getting my first electric guitar soon and I wanted some suggestions. I've got $200-$300 for the guitar and around the same for an amp. I'm into hard/classic rock (Zeppelin,GNR,Aerosmith),older metal (Sabbath, Metallica), and nu-metal or watever you want to call it (Slipknot, Korn, Lamb of God). The three guitars i've been looking at are:

Ibanez RG2EX1 (Black)
Epiphone Vintage G-400 (Worn Cherry)
Squier Black and Chrome Fat Strat (Black Rosewood Fretboard)

As for the amp, my freind recomended the Behringer V-Tone GMX210 Stereo Combo Amp, which he seems to like, but i've been told that it's ****. Any suggestions would be appreciated here. I need an amp that has good effects and can play in band practice with a drummer present.

Anyway, tell me what you think and if you have somthing that you think would suit me better please post it.
Thanks
Gear:
Ibanez GRG170DX
Behringer V-Tone GMX210
B.C.Rich Warbeast and the BErhinger VAMPire
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
For the guitar I would go with the Epiphone Vintage G-400. Excellent guitar! And as you progress and gain more knowledge of tone and you are looking for a "better" guitar all you will need to do is swap the pickups in your G-400 for better ones.

As for the amp I honestly would recommend something like a Peavey Envoy 110... although I know everyone else will say either a Roland Cube 30X or something from Vox.
Quote by vamprocker
B.C.Rich Warbeast and the BErhinger VAMPire

no don't listen to him
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Valve Junior, an overdrive pedal and a Washburn if you can afford it.

IF not, any Epiphone G400. (G400, not G310)
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think you should get the G-400, and either a Microcube or Vox ADVT30.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Zeppelin, GNR, and Aerosmith use Les Pauls for the most part. If you like Les Pauls look at the Agile AL series for some nice quality LP's. http://www.rondomusic.com/dauntlesssbd2ts.html should get you the tones your looking for. For an amp I would recommend something from the cube or Vox ADVT series. Both are nice amps.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT