Does anyone know how i can move my gamer profile from my xbox 360 to a different one? I'm starting college soon and my roommate is bringing the 360, but I want my profile and arcade games too, but don't want to bring the console. I also want to be able to transfer it back at the end of the year, so i can't do the HDD transfer kit b/c its only one time. I don't want to pay $40 for a stupid 512 mb xbox memory card either.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
or go to xbox live on you xbox and say you want to move it, like say you where at a friends and you want to play your live account there, use that. it should say in your personal profile.
You can recover your profile on another Xbox as long as you have Xbox Live, but you won't have the saved games without the Hard Drive.

Ask the Gaming Thread next time btw.
Quote by Bonesaw
bring the hard drive?

how did i not think of that? will it let me just swap out the hard drives a lot or will it be a pain in the ass and have to load stuff up each time?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by ironman45
how did i not think of that? will it let me just swap out the hard drives a lot or will it be a pain in the ass and have to load stuff up each time?

When you put the Hard Drive on a console, all the info is there. But if you take the Hard Drive off, the info is gone. I think the profile will stay though, but not the saved games. I'm not too sure about that.
Quote by ironman45

No, you can switch it whenever. I've done it multiple times. If you want your profile in both places at once though, I'd suggest recovering your profile on his xbox.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Quote by ironman45

you can take the hd off and put your's on and it will be like it was your xbox so yeah that works I've done it a lot