so i am about to get a Marshall 1960A Cab today ($400) but i want to pair it up with a 6505...from what i have been hearing the 1960AV would be much better with the 6506.

Since i am getting the 1960A at such a good deal i was thiking it might be cheeper to just put Vintage 30's in it instead of paying $950 for the AV...

Also since i dont have the head yet i was wondering what i can do with my cab once i get it...could i hook it up to my combo and use the cab speakers instead of the combo's

so thanks ahead of time.
yeah machine head use marshall cabs but i think they are fitted with vintage 30s

yeah if your combo has speaker outs and the are the same Ohms as the cab then you can do that
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
If the cab is in really good shape i would pick it up. Tone is a prefrence, yes most agree that the V30 is the best option but theres alot of other guys that play them through alot of other cabs as well. You wont know until you get the cab hooked up and test it out yourself.

The good thing is you can always swap the speakers. So like you stated you could pop in some V30's and still come out cheaper and you could sell the 75's or even maybe trade them for someones V30's. You would be suprised this happens on craigslist all the time. Also you could Uber cab it and X the 75's with some V30's

And then another option.. Warehouse V30's.... $45 bucks a pop and just as good as the real thing.

So you can wait for a AV cab to pop up, which will probably not happen and if it does its gonna be expensive because they dont pop up often. Or you can get the cab and enjoy it now and upgrade as you see fit.
Lots of options for ya...

And yes you can hook a combo up too it as long as the impedence matchs.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 24, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
http://warehousespeakers.com/ But the trick is getting them off ebay for $45 instead of $65

$45...$65....its not a big deal when you have a constant source of income.

so those speakers are legit...their pretty much knockoffs that are equal or better?
Quote by Quantonyne

so those speakers are legit...their pretty much knockoffs that are equal or better?

Bout the same. Great for the price if that is the speaker you are after.

Check this thread for some other speaker options. It's a good read with a lot of options for you.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823671&highlight=the+ultimate+speaker+thread
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Quantonyne

$80 bucks is $80 bucks thats more beer in my belly so im gonna get the cheapest deal lol

And correct there legit knockoffs and equal to the real thing..
so after reading a bit of that speaker thread i think i am just gonna wait until i get my head, only $400 more to go. Then if it sounds tits with the 1960A i wont bother changing and if it sounds like ****e then i might get the warehouse speakers.

so thanks for everyone that helped.

kudos to IbanezPsycho for helping me 2 days in a row.
Quote by Quantonyne
so after reading a bit of that speaker thread i think i am just gonna wait until i get my head, only $400 more to go. Then if it sounds tits with the 1960A i wont bother changing and if it sounds like ****e then i might get the warehouse speakers.

so thanks for everyone that helped.

kudos to IbanezPsycho for helping me 2 days in a row.

Sounds like a plan....

And no problem man, if you have any other questions you can always hit my profile up as well..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 24, 2008,
i wouldnt replace them all... some say one of the best things you can do is have 2 g12h's and 2 V-30's... then youd only need to buy 2 speakers, if you really feel that its nessisery, so id get the 1960A cab... see if it sounds fine for you which is may very well, then if not try putting 2 V-30's in it.
Thats what id do anyway
Quote by vitchb
i wouldnt replace them all... some say one of the best things you can do is have 2 g12h's and 2 V-30's... then youd only need to buy 2 speakers, if you really feel that its nessisery, so id get the 1960A cab... see if it sounds fine for you which is may very well, then if not try putting 2 V-30's in it.
Thats what id do anyway

A lot of the used 1960A cabs I see are just like this I always wondered why. Thanks.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
A lot of the used 1960A cabs I see are just like this I always wondered why. Thanks.

Here's a little more info for you which is why alot of people do it to there cabs...

UBERSCHALL UBERKAB CABINET No picture yet. The UBERSCHALL 4x12" straight cabinet model features a black front speaker grill and a combination of Celestion V30 and G12T75 speakers wired at 8 ohms. This combination unleashes the brutality of the UBERSCHALL amp, it helps to maximize the low end and give great cutting power to the mids/highs. A standard BOGNER 4x12" cabinet with V30's sounds great for the UBERSCHALL as well, but we wanted to offer a cabinet that was fine tuned for the flame-throwing UBERSCHALL.