I have an old Ibanez Lo Edge Pro licensed floyd on my Ibanez RG - only problem is, that the trem arm falls down by itself.

Normally I use Schaller, and I love it for not falling dawn. I remember seeing some system you could install on a trem like this though, does anyone know how/where to get it, or if it even exists, or maybe some other solution?
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
I have an old Ibanez Lo Edge Pro licensed floyd on my Ibanez RG - only problem is, that the trem arm falls down by itself.

Errr normaly on rg's you can fix that. Theres a little screw behind your bridge at the right side of it [if you actualy are in position behind the bridge]. You need a allen key [hexagone] to tight it up.

You also have to lft the bridge a bit. I mean, with your whammy bar, use it to move up your bridge.
Quote by kevC4
Errr normaly on rg's you can fix that. Theres a little screw behind your bridge at the right side of it [if you actualy are in position behind the bridge]. You need a allen key [hexagone] to tight it up.

You also have to lft the bridge a bit. I mean, with your whammy bar, use it to move up your bridge.

Here's a pic:

EDIT:

I just checked my bridge but the Lo-Pro 7 doesn't have this hole, so I'm guessing the 6 string version doesn't either.

You can replace the bushings on the trem arm for a tighter grip, though.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 24, 2008,
okay, thanks.

I do know about the thing in the back, but as Bonsai said - it's not there on the Lo Pro.

It's just I remember reading somewhere about somehow to install a bushing or whatever for a Schaller trem arm.

But thanks anyways.

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
okay, thanks.

I do know about the thing in the back, but as Bonsai said - it's not there on the Lo Pro.

It's just I remember reading somewhere about somehow to install a bushing or whatever for a Schaller trem arm.

But thanks anyways.

It's pretty easy.

Take your trem bar and look at the two little white plastic rings. Go to a music store or parts website and buy a set of those (they come in bags of two).

Get rid of the old rings and install your new ones by snapping them in place.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
It's pretty easy.

Take your trem bar and look at the two little white plastic rings. Go to a music store or parts website and buy a set of those (they come in bags of two).

Get rid of the old rings and install your new ones by snapping them in place.

How would that solve it?

New ones are bigger?

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black