looking for an es-135 / es-175 copy
something cheap

single cutaway, complete hollow, could be P90 or HB.
epiphone and ibanez got some similar guitars.. but maybe you could give me and advise on any other brand thats got a better bang for the buck deal.

like rondos solidbodys are really good fo their price.. but its harder to create a quality hollow instrument

so what do you say?
My first recommendation is the Epiphone Alleykat/Wildkat. But those are semis...

Ibanez Artcores are classy. Reverend's Manta RAy (might be incorrect name) is also nice.
Gretsch's budget guitars are pretty good. in the 600 range, sort of like the Epiphone of Gretsch.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
Quote by SGslinger
I'm debating buying this one right now myself.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GRE-2505040-LIST

killer guitar, considered it for a while... but its not a hollowbody.. which is what i want at the moment, a big fat jazz style guitar.. though im not into jazz at all

id classify my playing as experimental/alternative/indie/rock
how about a epiphone es-175 reissue, good looking guitars. And i can attest to the quality of epiphone i have a epippy les paul in cherry burst, and its very well made with great tone
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
I just bought a 1953 Gibson ES-125 for $600.00. It only has one P-90 but it sounds great. I had to change the tuners - plus if I decide to sell I'll make my money + back.

Look for a used deal on something good.
The Gretsch Electromatic guitars are probably the single best bang-for-the-buck deal in the music world. Seriously, they play as close to the expensive versions of their respective guitars as anything ever will.

Also, they have both a single and double cutaway model, and the double cutaway model is sexy as hell.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
Quote by schmidty3000
The Gretsch Electromatic guitars are probably the single best bang-for-the-buck deal in the music world. Seriously, they play as close to the expensive versions of their respective guitars as anything ever will.

Also, they have both a single and double cutaway model, and the double cutaway model is sexy as hell.

I agree. I own a single cut and it's amazing. Never needed a set-up, it just killed the moment I played it and brought it home.
I have a few new Gretshes and they're "ok". I have a Country Club, EE (not the cheeseball one), Sparkle jet, New Jet & 6119.

They're nothing to write home about. Find a nice old Gibson for a low price.
i think i could push my budget to 600US if id find a 53 es125.. but i doubt i will... thats one heck of a deal my friend.. practically a steal!!

those go way over 2k.. depending condition of course
I'm pretty sure there are some Hagstrom full hollows on eBay for pretty reasonable prices. The cheapest ones are blem'd though, if that matters too much to you.
check out the Oscar Schmidt Delta King. You can find them on ebay for 100.00 I picked one up and it is pretty amazing. Check out its reviews on Harmony Central.